• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Suggestions - Danath Trollbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
So, I made a model of older Danath Trollbane, other info can be found here, and I recently finished the basic needs, but I feel that it does not have enough edits or detail.

I would like some suggestions from anyone on how to add more to the model, if its an animation, more detail, a different texture, or whatever.

The model and portrait is for download here
View attachment danathtrollbane.mdx
View attachment danathtrollbane_portrait.mdx

Pictures

4t93qu.jpg

333zudv.jpg

Note - Hero Glow's within Magos Model Editor seem to be severely reduced, and in-game the hero glow is brighter.

Level 18
He needs a better mesh than the foorman's. Also yeah, a different texture, less footman/captain armor, more lions (human campaign textures but not the human campaign armor), more elaborate shoulderpads, different sword. (Human weapon upgrade icons?) Play around with the wrap, improvise, right now it looks like a simple geomerge.

Level 18
No, fix the torso, Blizzard's wrap is fucked up. Also the lower legs. And the captain's texture is low-res and stretched. ADD. SOME. DETAIL. Like elaborate kneepads. The shoulderpads also shouldn't be solid team color.

Level 31
No, fix the torso, Blizzard's wrap is fucked up. Also the lower legs. And the captain's texture is low-res and stretched. ADD. SOME. DETAIL. Like elaborate kneepads. The shoulderpads also shouldn't be solid team color.

I tried fixing the torso, but I can't. The waist itself is only three vertices, and the chest is one. Though, I have begin adjusting the wrap.
Also, I'll try to find a better texture for the shoulders.

Level 18
Well... Add vertices? Just cnp one (or more), put it in the middle, select the region that you want more detailed, click Delete Faces, then select neighboring vertices by three and hit T (Create Triangle). Adjust the wrap and reassign the new vertices.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

The shoulders are way to big, the glow should be optional (its annoying to get rid of it myself), and the boots look 2d and way to square. Other than those two things I like the model.

Level 31
The shoulders are way to big, the glow should be optional (its annoying to get rid of it myself), and the boots look 2d and way to square. Other than those two things I like the model.

I didn't edit the boots, they were made by blizzard, but I'm working on fixing all of Blizzard's shortcuts they took in modeling.

Also, it was a unit designed for a hero, that's why it has a hero glow. It dosnt have a decay animation eaither.

I'll try to reduce the shoulderpads, but the way the model's previous shoulders are built are very odd and hard to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.