• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Request - Scourgling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Jump list

Introduction

Hey all you advanced modelers, I know some modeling, but my real skills lie in scripting. So I would like to make a model request.
Let's first explain what I would want it to be, then move on to details

Please feel free to use the navigation system, it gives minimum scrolling and maximum efficiency.
(The navigation list is always on top, making it easy to navigate at all times. Since I'm not allowed to put an anchor 'onload' the first time you click will move the navigation list on top)

Jump list
Idea

Have you seen the Carrion Beetle model, originally made by Blizz?
Well, I'd like a more advanced and unique one.
It should have two states: scarab, and scourgling (alternate)
Where the scarab looks like the carrion beetle, while the scourgling looks like a warrior of sorts, but with a fleshy structure, and it should be frail.
Think of it like an abomination with loose parts. (but not so fat, but more agile and cooler)

Jump list
Overview

• scarab (original mode unchanged, birth animation etc.)
  • scourgling ( alternate mode )
  • birth animation of scourgling
  • attack animation
  • spell animation
  • death animation (reverting back to scarab)
Scourgling: This is the part where the scarab has eaten enough flesh to create a coherent body to control
Scourgling Birth: The animation could be fleshy parts rising from the ground and forming around the scarab (increasing in size and height)
Scourgling Attack: Just a logic animation that looks like the scourgling is attacking
Scourgling Spell: Same as attack, logic spell cast animation (FITS DESCIPTION OF THE MODEL)
Death animation: The scourgling loses control of the body and the body itself is destroyed and the fleshy parts seperate, reverting back to scarab. This could be where all the fleshy parts drop to the ground, and the scarab drops to the ground as well

If anything is unclear, I'll try and explain it further.

Jump list
Details

Explanation of the model: (READ THIS IF YOU WANT SPECIFICS ABOUT ANIMATIONS)

(normal animations)The scarab burrows into the ground and await victims to pass by, and burrow into them as they come near.
(birth)When the scarab has collected enough flesh, it can take on a fragile, yet coherent body made of flesh.
(attack)Each time the scourgling attacks, it becomes even more fragile and risks to fall apart.
(spell) With agility, the scarab can move around inside the body and bite flesh off of enemies as it attacks and tries to remain stable through this technique.
(death)Eventually, the decay of the body and the maintenance makes it impossible to stay in its coherency and all pieces of flesh attached to the body loses connection and breaks off, and the scarab once again burrows into the ground, momentarily weakened by the ordeal.

(Everything in bold is suggestions and pointers to the aspects of the animations)

Deadline: No deadline, the hero in making (Spawn of the Scourge) has about 12 more spells to be done, and the total amount of heroes in the map has yet to be decided.

Notes:
This is a normal unit, non-hero.
The scarab / scourgling should differ greatly (not too much) in size.
Hopefully this won't be too hard, even so, see it as a challenge!
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.