• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maze Of Doom: Requests To Finish Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making a maze map where you have to guide yourelf out of an evil maze of death. I will need a few models. I will need an Egyptian style Wall with a transparent and visible animation. I will also need 4 traps 2 Triggering Mechanisms and 2 monsters, the rest i can get from Warcraft III. I also need a terrain of Egyptian drawings\carvings.

Traps
1. Egyptian walls like this | | and an attack animation of spikes coming out of both sides.
2. This may sound crazy, but i need a brick of gold on a string... animation will require swaying. Death is where the string cuts and the brick falls. and the birth is where is falls fast on bounces on its string. If you must know i will use it as a lure into a trap.
3. A large style pit. The stand is a normal egyptian carving floor and the death is a the floor splitting fast with nothing but blackness. I have already started on a Cartoon style fall effect.
4. A Mace on a chain attached to the ceiling. Death is where it drops.

Triggering Mechanisms
1. A pressure plate like the one is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
2. A tripwire that has 2 death animations. 1 of it snapping, and one of it falling gently.(in which case the trap won't trigger.

Monsters
1.A Sphinx statue with rather jagged teeth. Death animation is of it breaking, and two attack animations one swiping with its paw and another bite.
One Spell Slam animation like Devour. And one spell animation of a roar.

2.A Giant Morbid obese decapitated zombie wearing a loin cloth. This boss is very important to the completion of the game. Death animation should be(if possible) His belly bursting and scarabs crawling out. If not possible, a simple fall and keel over animation will due, but coagulated blood should come out of his head. His attack animation should be a smack of his belly and a small shock wave. Birth should be A gathering of mummies that join together to create him, but he isn't really all those mummies in the real stand, attack, etc.

Credits will be given to anyone who would like to make a contribution. Thank you for you time in reading this post. If you would like to suggest a model already on the hive or one in WC3 that could be used in place of these, please do :).

Map is in Beta Stage, I am still configuring the triggers, but all the units\traps have been made.:)

WALL SPIKES:Spikes comeing out? u mean shooting out? stabbing out? from middle of wall?
cant you just trigger it to creat a doodad (criptlord spikes) faceing angle
If you need i can make the spikes that go out (but i cant merge them with the wall)

BRICK: Cant you do sumthing differnt? like a treasure chest instead of a floating gold brick...

Pit: you mean like the floor colapses into a hole right?

Mace: a falling mace.. lol i think a spinning mace would be better, which i think ive seen that model

Pressure Plate: Isnt a pressure plate the button in wc3?

Trip Wire: As for the trip wire, to animate a wire that actually looked good when it fell would be really hard, i could creat one that the whole wire just falls to the ground as one unit if thats ok.

The monsters i doubt anyone will do... There might be a mummy skin in the skins and i saw a few egiptian models in the model section a while back (2 months i think?)

Sorry I haven't been able to log in for so long and...

Brick: Treasure chest is already another lure, I wan'ted varety, besieds all it would need is a wierd string coming out of the top and skin could be a goldish colr, string would be white, and sparkles from an item. I have no way of modeling so i make my requests as simple as possible.

Pit, I just need a model like a floor, but opens in the middle like a trap door(elevator wont work as it has no means of opening. Unless... No, besides what kind of paladin would want to smash an elevator with his hammer...jk)
I can provide the pit, a sunken in floor with black elevator at the bottom.

Mace: lol yep, but tis would go in turn with the pressure plate... *Step* *Chink* *Splat* Is the mace model you've seen in WC3 or can you post a link?

Pressure plate: Yep that's the one i'm using - until I can get a circular one that is harder to see and isn't glowing... "Ooh looky! Me like glowy thing..." *Step* *Chink* *Splat* " Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah, me no like glowy thing" and thus, people will avoid if when is is very easy to see. I want people to die, don't you?

Wire: That's exactly what I'm looking for:
Death 1: Wire falls, poles stay up = your screwed.
Death 2: All falls, your safe.
This would block most paths and activate an assortment of traps.

Monsters, These are very important, right now i am using abomination and Pit lord, but they don't really add up to the essence of the map. I think i have seen some mummy skins and models, that is why i am not requesting them. Do you really think there are only 2 bosses?

Last edited:
Last Bump: It has been about a week since my last past and i have of yet received any news of people interested. This thread will be dead pretty soon and I was hoping to see a few hands raised. I do not think this is very hard (except for the monsters because those sound pretty damn hard). I have made a few simple models myself if you wish to check them out. I C-A-N-N-O-T model anymore because the program i used, though inexpensive, is gone. The CD is broken. Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.