• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model Request] - Ranged Murloc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I swore there were ranged murlocs/mur'gul, but apparently all the blizzard models are melee (save for a single caster mur'gul).

I was hoping someone could remove the weapon on any mur'gul or murloc creep and give them a javelin, giving them a throwing attack animation too... if that's possible.

I know I could use http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/murguldreameater-49864/?prev=search=murloc&d=list&r=20, however, that model is 300kb and I'm nearing the map limit (this will likely be the last custom model, at least).

I would really appreciate it if anyone could provide this or send me in the direction of a good alternative solution. (The murloc race already has some nice non murloc units, but could really use a murloc ranged unit)

Level 49
Here you go, I felt like making something for you. I used the Reign of Chaos murloc as base model to make it look different than the other murlocs so it wont get too repetitive in your game(the RoC murloc is the one that has a mane/flipper thing on his back instead of those spikes or w/e the TFT murlocs have). I also included a missile.

The paths:

All paths but the portrait path do not matter. You should have something like this:

YOUR-PATH-HERE\MurlocVenomskin.mdx
YOUR-PATH-HERE\MurlocVenomskin_Portrait.mdx(Very Important - the path of the portrait should be the other path+"_Portrait")
YOUR-PATH-HERE\MurlocVenomskinMissile.mdx

Use the normal Murloc as a base for backswing points and such in the Object Editor.

The model uses the "Murloc Mutant"(green) skin, if you want a different skin just tell me. If something needs to be changed\fixed, let me know. The weapon DOES "disappears" after the murloc attacks, and later "appears" back.

You don't HAVE to give me credits since it's a very simple edit, but it would be nice if you do(only if you have enough space in your map's credits for that). Also, it would be nice if you show me the map you're going to use my model on, I want to check it out :wink:

Have fun!

Attachments

• MurlocVenomskin.rar
    50.6 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.