• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hi there

i am using a custom model in my map. everything works fine except one thing. the model can be selected at a huge radius around the unit ( if i click next to it it will be selected and this with a huge radius). if i change the modelfile inside the model to another model everything works fine. does anybody know how to change this? i already tried a huge model and downsize it with the actor and i tried a huge actor and downsize it with the model but nothing works.
so the problem seems to be model related. i have a 3ds max trial and any help would be appreciated. thx in advance

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Hopefully the Blizzard art tools will allow you to srink it easilly from an editior. Until then you will have to use a third party script to convert the model into an editable form.

I imagine that the collision radius is defined when you created the model. If it is not your model, complain to the maker/exporter.

Level 9
well ..... i am the exporter; i used ntoxiated script to import mdx, applied material and exported it, exactly like i did with other models ( all working).
i could use 3ds max but i have no clue how to shrink collision, didn't find anything useful in the net.

Level 22
When looking at a Marine, his stats do have Collision Sphere and Bound Sphere, when imported in 3ds max he has this bound sphere., Try going Create > Helpers > Starcraft 2 Objects > click on Bound Sphere, not Attachment and remove the bound sphere. If this is not it, then wait for art tools indeed.

Im not sure when this patch is coming but it could be quite soon.

I've fixed this problem myself.

Ok here is what you need. Yes it is called a "bounding sphere".

There is a catch though. You need to link the bounding sphere to the mesh for it to work. There is a link button in 3d studio max.

Same works with the turret Z attachment. If you want that to work correctly you have to link all of the stuff you want rotated to the "Turret_Z" attachement.

Status
Not open for further replies.