• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I used Warcraft 3 model editor and vertex modifier to edit a model. I put a new head and weapon on it. In Warcraft 3 model editor the animations look fine, but when i load it into world editor i get problems. The head and weapon are not on the model, and they appear in the middle of the map and don't move. I followed this tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqFkxZPwlFI&feature=fvwrel) and attached the parts correctly, so why does this happen? Any help is appreciated

Level 3
so I have been messing around with it more, and i have found the animations (the added body arts) work in wc3 model editor, but not wc3 world editor. Is there a problem with my world editor? or did i not do something right so the animations don't work on world editor? Please help

Level 3
I went back and checked, and i attached them to weapon ref and head - ref, so I went back and changed these to bone_head and bone_hand_L, but it still happens. Any other ideas on what could be wrong?

Level 17
Is there a problem with my world editor? or did i not do something right so the animations don't work on world editor?

Absolutely not, the world editor is pretty accurate on that regard. Certain visual bugs simply do not show up on Magos or other model viewers.
This is certainly a model bug, heard about it a few times over the years but I can't remember anymore what was the cause.
Post the model, perhaps I can't find the bug, but I can help you merge that head and weapon.

Level 1
Not Working

I've downloaded some models and were happy to see that they work in the Warcraft 3 World Editor. But...
They won't work in the game itself...

I have a map called ''Warcraft III'' and just put them in there, but I don't know if that's just the problem.

Help me please...

Status
Not open for further replies.