• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model]-Mooncruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im in the 12th grade at school and need your help. We have been given an assignment to make a (real) model of a Moon vehicle and make a preferably graphical example of the things it can do etc etc. My teacher told me that if i make it with help of any kind of computer related program or game its allright, so i choose to make a WC3 scenario wich should show my Mooncruiser's functions. In order to make that i first need a Mooncruiser model.

This project will detemine half of my mark in informatics for the next semester. If I screw this one up i woulnt have a good enough mark to get into the university i want to. In other words i need your help and you would practcaly save my future! I wil remain forever in your debt!

How it should look like: My first ideea was to use a siege engine as the model but she said it should look like what it is, so in my oppinion a siege engine would be a perfect start model. It should have tank tracks (not sure if it allready does). The siege weapon's gun should be remade to look like a camera (since were exploring the moon and not battleing zerglings ;)).And it should have 2 mechanical arms on the sides of it (the most perfect thing is if you could make one animation that just makes one move the right one as if it would be picking something up either from in front of from his side. When ending the animation it should first move the hook in front of it, so it would look like its putting it in his mouth), and one where they are just opened and hanging around (so i could set a camera to film the hook).
The Arms should be made of 4 pieces binded together of the same size, with a hook made of 4 claws. If u can make a black circle inside the hook - this should be like another camera that films exactly what he is picking up. If you can do so on the sides and on the back of the Mooncruiser to (so 4 cameras on him looking forwoard down left and right plus 2 in each hook).

..... ______-->______
^ X(______)X(______)X I
I (______)XO H(______) V
..... <-- .......... <--

So lets see if this thing helps, this should be the arm on the right side of the Mooncruiser. The dots are just auxilliary so ignore them plz. The O is the Origin and is the poin attached to the moon cruiser. All the (______) are the arms, connected by those Xes, and H is the Hook. Those arrows (or at least should be arrows) show the direction the arm has. So it starts at O goes left up right right down left. Hope this helps at all...
The mobile should be grey (but not dark) with black tracks and the parts connecting the hands should be black as well. The mouth should just be a point in front of the Mooncruiser on his surface just with some lines maybe something like :

, with the space in the middle and the lines black, and add a final line under it. And one last thing only if its not too much( wich i guess it is allready:( ): something like a small TV antenna (the ones like a bowl) on the vehicle, with a white colour.

If anyone can help me with this "impossible" request i would be very greatful ;). Please date me up about things wich are not makeable on this project. Thank you for your time and help !

Level 2
Strange ive posterd several stuff not long ago ---- been very much in spells and systems etc. --- oh well nvm

I was intending to do that but i dont have time right now --- will post later

Level 2
Ok so i guess waht i asked for is way too over the level and would take too much :( then i guess ill just have to cancel all the sofisticated parts. If it would be possible could someone make a model without the arms and all -- so maybe just a skin if you consider its better this way :(

I really need this its not just for making a wc3 map its for my future ...

And sry if this is considered double posting

Level 34
I think the guys got no [bleep]ing clue what you are wanting :/

You mean this thing?

GPN-2000-001139_strip.jpg

And PS: You are allowed to bump, but not to doublepost. You bumped.

Level 2
-.- i don't think i wrote it that less understandable. Should have the shape of a siege engine just a different skin and if possible those arms. Ive asked someone to draw me a nice prototype of it should be done soon will post then.

Level 2
sry it took 4ever there you have it. The deadline is friday maybe saturday morning. Because of this i thought about reducing some features,next to some things i need changed :

1) The color of it must be white,except for the rails and the mouth
2) Instead of 2 rails on each side only one as long as the vehicle
3) Forget the arms, would take too long
4) The fron window of this lamborghini like vehicle is useless, so dont bother making it

what i also require (dunno if its doable) is the same model with front/back reversed. So practically it should look like it but should be going with the rear forwoard. IF THIS CANT BE DONE IN SUCH A SHORT TIME : i MUST have a rear/front swicht of a normal siege engine modell. KEEP ME UP TO DATE WITH EVERYTHING PLZ --- my future depends on it ...

Attachments

• momo farbe fertig.JPG
    momo farbe fertig.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 141
Level 2
its a project for school im making a visual example of the moon vehicles functions in WC3 --- deadline is now tuesday i have almost everything done would just have so swap models or skinns

Status
Not open for further replies.