• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model: Attachments and Peasant model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
My map Alternate America is finished, I am now just adding in small ideas and fixes and some of the things I would like to have to improve my map are a Spanish helmet
HatMilJ15312.jpg
which will be used on the Spanish units to further set them apart from their enemies. I also would like to request a top hat
tophat_exb_HSTR22042.jpg
the top hat would be used for the new presidential unit, I would also like to request perhaps a tux type thing that would attach to a peasant chest/body
black_suit.jpg

If anyone could do a single one of these it would be greatly appreciated, I am sad to say I can not give rep because of my low rep myself, but I still hope someone will help me.

Link to my map: Alternate Americav.1 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Level 5
eh let me see it ill try it, somethings better then nothing. I'd make my own skin except I've kinda deleted all the skinning programs I had recently... and the only computer i had that could run them is like falling apart now.

Level 11
I always start with more than I need, here it is right height and ready to go. (124 Polygons and 62 vertices). The texture path is "black.blp", and don't worry, the texture is less that one KB (498 bytes). All I ask is that I get given credits.

Attachments

• tophat.mdx
    4.1 KB · Views: 69
  • black.blp
    498 bytes · Views: 78
  • tophat.jpg
    tophat.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 3,730
Last edited:
Level 11
The second hat is being tested at the moment and will be posted, if not tonight, tomorrow.

EDIT: for the peasant skin, just right click on the picture of it and click "save as", and Wallah!

(just import to: "Textures\Peasant.blp")

EDIT 2: one problem, what model/unit do you want it attached to? all of their attachment points are slightly off (see picture) (right now it fits to the peasant/villager model)

Attachments

• spainardhat.jpg
    spainardhat.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Level 5
It's a custom model im using right now that I want it to fit, but im pretty sure if u make it fit the priest it will fit the model, oh and you need to rotate it so that the point that is currently on the side is facing in front of the unit.

Level 5
I am using the Spanish conquistador model but it is not what i need the helmet for, but you probally already knew that considering it has the helmet, and the two models i need the helmet to fit to are: musketeer - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site and blink boys Napoleonic rifleman Napoleonic Skirmisher - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site I know it already has a hat on it, but the helmet your making should be able to cover it up or at least make it almost unnoticeable from what I've seen in your screen shots. (I'm pretty sure both models have head attachment points, I believe I have put stuff on them before. but if not I'll just switch models)

Level 5
well actually a great example of it is the hat admiral proudmoore wears if you can just some how take his hat off that is pretty much the attachment, and btw |I'm having issues with the spaniard hat showing up in the editor at all.

Level 11
i know why, the path is "textures\conquistador.blp" let me fix that

EDIT: done, .mdls rule, the texture is NOW the same as the conquistador, but the hat is not fitted to a model yet. School has just b*tc* slapped me in the face.

Attachments

• spainardhat.mdx
    3.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Level 5
wait the spanard hat? your making it part of the model? because I need it to be an attachment because I use the skirmisher for multiple players in my game, (thats why i requested another hat, to seperate spanish units from other american and european units)But if your making it part the model can you make a copy of that model with the colonial hat on as well?

Level 11
DONEEEEE!!! Hes has got the hat I pownzord the modle.

Yea just felt like typing that.. But I did attach the Spaniard hat to the Napoleonic Skirmisher didn't change any texture paths or anything so just import him and he "should" (theoretically) work. I'll edit this post with the musketeer-spaniard and the two with the American hat.

EDIT: Done. Anything else?

EDIT's EDIT: Do you want a conquistador with the American hat, and without?

Attachments

• NapoleonicSkirmisherwithhat.mdx
    161.4 KB · Views: 61
  • musketeerwithhat.mdx
    51.9 KB · Views: 62
  • musketeerwithhatamerican.mdx
    61.8 KB · Views: 62
  • NapoleonicSkirmisherwithhatamerican.mdx
    171.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Level 5
a conquistador with both hats would actually be very nice to

EDIT: The hats on the musketeers and skirmishers are not directly on them they're floating off in the distance.

Last edited:
Zomg I revised that model again and I discover that is pretty much horrible. It is actually a miracle that it got approved. I don't know what 3rgytr54 was trying to make, but messing with this model is failure already at start. Also not all vertices are connected so it has holes on low parts. I didn't even know that it had attachment, it was my first model so I didn't know much about models back then and many essential things are missing.

I would strongly advise you to use the Hand gunner model instead, it has also melee animations (so you won't transform them to axemen again :p), it uses human mage skin, so if you want to make more realistic uniform you skin that texture and you can add helmets or bayonets or whatever you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.