• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model] Archmage Kel'thuzad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
So guys I'm working on a "Kel'thuzad campaign", and I need someone to do a model for him, ALIVE of course. We got little to no idea of how he does look like, but you people can mix-match-whatever the models Blizzard use to represent him. Though, I made a small concept of what I'd like to see in a Kel'thuzad model.

Kelly.jpg

Kelthuzad2.jpg

Yes it lacks some details, I intended it because I'd like you guys to go free with the textures, and yeah it could use in-game or custom textures. The model could go a wee bit different to the concept because it's just to give you an idea.

So, just to point out some things:
-I need it to look like a Kirin Tor Mage but with a very little influence of the Lich King/Undead, maybe eyes with a blue glow?
-Base color of his attire could be Purple, Dalaran-ish purple or Scourge-ish purple or a cross between two would work.
-Don't go too crazy and keep it on the Warcraft III quality. I'm not working on a Starcraft II campaign.
-Staff could look like what you would want. Go nuts.
-White hair, yes.
-Animations could use the Necromancer or Malfurion, or a custom one.
-Be free with any effects you could put, probably something similar to the Shadow Priests in WoW.

Thanks in advance! Also the one who could make a model for him will sure be credited and will be rewarded as always. If you don't understand something or would like to hear some feedbacks, feel free to PM/VM/reply to this thread.

Last edited:
Level 25
He looks an ordinary wizard. Why not using some wizard model from database?

Thought the same, Kel'thuzad was an ordinary kirin'tor mage nontheless...

Yes, but keep in mind that I didn't really put much detail into the model so people would be able to design him however they want. Something like a normal wizard may work, but it should define his character.

Kinda like this?

Pretty nice I must say, though he doesn't look much of a wizard from the Kirin Tor. Might think about it though, as it looks pretty cool.

I can try something but I would base it on Jaina's animations...

Would be appreciated ;) You could use any animation as long as it fits.

By the way I just found some nice looking model that you people could base it from. Ignore the missing arms lol Viewer's fault. Good luck!

Attachments

• Kelthuzad2.png
    Kelthuzad2.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 495
Status
Not open for further replies.