• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Missile from unit to unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Yeah. I've been trying to find a way in solving this thing..I kinda have a knack for explosions and such....I would love to put in a hamehameha, or a magic missile barrage in my cinematics.
So How do u create a missile directed from a unit to a unit?

Healing spray or cluster rockets. And making the dummy unit to cast a spell heres a tip: only make one dummy unit. Make it so that when its entered it is tought the ability to be used: i.e. you want to do a mass roots: the code would look something like this:
Events:
-Unit begins the effect of an ability [that one tends to work best]
Conditions:
-Ability Being cast equal to Mass Entagling Roots
Actions:
-Create One (Dummy Unit) for (owner of triggering unit)
-Add (Entangling Roots [aoe caster]) to last created unit
-Set level of (Entangling Roots [aoe caster]) for last created unit to level of (mass Entangling Roots) for Triggering unit.
-Pick all units inside (500 are around targetted unit)
if: (conditions) you dont need any conditions here, unless the ability can also affect your units, allied units in a way you dont want them too
-Make (last created unit) do Night Elf Keeper of the Grove - Entalging Roots) picked unit
-Add an expiration timer for 1 second(s) to last created unit
And for the dummy unit: set sight to zero, make invulnerable, give umlimmited mana, no collision size, hide mini-map interface icon, set the model to: .blp [blank] set move type to flying and maybe add the locust ability.
For the dummy ability [the trigger one] set the duration TO 0.01 NOT 0 otherwise you will gert an ability THAT HAS AN UNLIMITED DURATION!!! Give it the mana cost, cooldown, tool tip, hotkeys, all of that.
For the ability that actually does anything set the mana cost to 0, cast time to 0, and cast range to 99999 [as high as it can go]

Level 9
Yeah I think I get it now. So all I have to do is to hide the last created unit and make him attack a certain point like this....?

1st step:
Events - Any kind of event
Action - Unit - Create unit with properties (make it invisible) / this is for the caster
Animation - Do unit (caster) (spell animation)
Trigger - turn on trigger (2nd step) there can be 3rd step 4th step 5th the same as 2nd step
Trigger - Run trigger (2nd step) there can be 3rd step 4th step 5th the same as 2nd step

2nd step:
Events: Unit - Map init
Action - Unit - Issue order from (last created unit) to (attack ground) at point (region close to the victim)

Of course I need to edit the invisible unit's attack animations like toon boom on impact, and the stygian desolator missile. And make the invisible units attack type to be artillery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.