• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

minimap image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello i'm slayerby and i am the creator of the maps greeks and undead and i have had many suggestions to put up a minimap image to look more appealing and i was wondering if someone would be able to create and add a minimap image to my map, you will recieve credit in the map and i promise to speak highly of your services, here is the map if you want to check it out

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/greeks-undead-v1-58-second-hero-231063/

thanks again, Slayerby

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
1. Wrong section. Should go under Requests or Project Recruitment (not sure which, but certainly not WEHZ).
2. Problem scope too large, not defined enough for anyone to attempt it. You need to at least give some description as to what you want to see as the mini-map.
3. Too easy to do ones self. It is hardly rocket science to create a mini-map image.

Few people actually care about the mini-map image. Find something that looks good and use that. For my Green Circle TD I used a full map screen shot resized to mini-map size so it looked like a HD mini-map. You could also export the mini-map and use drawing programs to circle areas and name them so it looks more like a political map. The standard mini-map that WE generates is hardly an art work and is heavily compressed with JPEG compression so you cannot really do worse than it as long as you at least try to reflect the terrain accurately in the image (use the WE one as a background when drawing).

Level 30
this actually really helped thank you, i dont have an image manipulating program but their is a free tga picture converter online i can use, all i need is a picture now, thank you very much

This could maybe fit for your map as an image. Saw this at google image.

Attachments

• Undead.jpg
    Undead.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 99

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Thanks for your suggestion. I am not using Photoshop as an image editor, either. But I wonder whether GIMP offers free trial packages for users to check? If it does, I iwll try it later.
GNU run so completely free and safe
I already answered your question. It is a GNU licenced program and so completely open source and free (I recommened you check them out, GNU foundation has a lot of software all liscenced the same (free and open source) that you can use varying from DFT packages and compilers to art tools and command line stuff). Obviously it is as safe as an open source program can be (some vulnerabilities might exist) but the process certainly is not malicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.