• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini map help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
how do i make a custom mini map? like the picture that shows instead of the map when the map is loading? or when its hostin i have seen pictures other than the actuall map. how do i do this?

Level 5
AlphaChicken said:
how do i make a custom mini map? like the picture that shows instead of the map when the map is loading? or when its hostin i have seen pictures other than the actuall map. how do i do this?

what you mean is the preview map with custom picture ? or the custom loading screen ? or replace the mini map in the game ?,, which one ?

Level 6
Minimap:

Take your picture. Resize it to 126x126 pixels or 256x256 pixels exactly by using IrfanView [http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Tools&ID=19&sid=1e9e0d9211cf979e0ce5a8d8c3ebcf73] or any picture editing program. Alas, it will not be exactly the required size for the minimap if you use IrfanView. You may need to remove some parts of the image using freehand to have the exact size. Anyways, after resizing, save it as War3MapPreview and put in .Tga(Truevision Targa) picture type. Now go in World Editor, Import Manager, import your picture by using File>Import. Now, double-click on your imported picture. A box should appear. Check the "Use custom path" check box, and remove the "war3mapImported" part. Save your map and enjoy!

Ps: Don' t forget to uncheck the "See ingame minimap" on the left side of the World Editor screen, next to the minimap.

For Loading Screen, refer to Sopho' s tutorial on Loading Screens (v1.5) [http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=739]

Status
Not open for further replies.