• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MilitiaWithSword

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Some time ago I wondered: Why a Militia should have an axe? Why not a sword?

I was thinking of this model as a low-rank of the Footman. A versatile swordsman, protected with a leather armor, shield and helm.

Nothing special, just creative.
No custon textures.

Keywords:
Militia, Swordsman, Sword
Contents

MilitiaWithSword (Model)

MilitiaWithSword (Model)

Reviews
20:12, 15th Jan 2014 Deolrin: I'm sorry, but this is too simple.

M

20:12, 15th Jan 2014
Deolrin: I'm sorry, but this is too simple.

Level 5
I agree with Zartyzzo.

Its simplicity makes it quite useful if you want to create a more diverse army. Most militiamen would use axes or cudgels, yes, but it's not hard to believe that some would have swords (rusty, chipped, or heirlooms, or just made of inferior iron) or spears too. This is a great model if you want to create a ragtag militia company. That earns it one star.

It's also very versatile if you're using a custom skin for the militia for some kind of fantasy army. That's another star.

E.G. It's absolutely fantastic for LOTR maps in which you're overwriting the Militia with the Rohan militia skin anyway. (I want Rohirrim swordsman, Hive! Hold the Hornburg!)

I also think your choice of sword was very fitting. That's a third star - 3/5 from me.

Last edited:
Level 3
Honestly, despite all the criticism, some of these simple models are by far the most useful. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the high effort models on the nexus, But I DL and use at least as many simple changes like this.
Anyway, great model, exactly what I was looking for.

Level 9
Honestly, despite all the criticism, some of these simple models are by far the most useful. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the high effort models on the nexus, But I DL and use at least as many simple changes like this.
Anyway, great model, exactly what I was looking for.
yup.
although this one might be too simple but still- you're right. the hive needs more simple models if you ask me (and trust me im a dreamer, ive probably seen every single model on this site (i love shopping for models lmao))