• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Meteor ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have made one ability so when i attack i have a 25% chance to call down a meteor that deals 50 damage and be stunned for 1.5 seconds in an 300 aoe (based on inferno skill without inferno and dealing str x2 to target attacked unit.
these are my triggers.
  • Meteor ability
  • Unit - A unit is attacked
  • Conditions Or - Any (conditions) are true
    • Conditions ((Attacking unit) has buff meteor strikes)
  • Actions
  • If (((attacking unit) has buff meteor strikes) equal to true) then do (set level =1) else do nothing
  • If (all conditions are true) do (then actions) else do (else actions)
  • If - Conditions
  • (level x 25) greater than or equal to (random integer number between 1 and 100)
  • Then - Actions
  • Set Meteor_Point = (position of (attacked unit))
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (owner of (attacking unit)) at Meteor_Point facing default building degrees
  • Unit - Add a 3.00 second generic expiration timer to (last created unit)
  • Unit - Add Meteor Strikes (Meteor) to (last created unit)
  • Unit - Order (last created unit) to Undead Dread Lord - Inferno Meteor_Point
  • Wait 1 second
  • Unit - Set life of (attacked unit) to ((life of (attacked unit)) - ((real ((strenght of (attacking unit)(include bonuses)))) x 2.00)
  • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Level 13
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 4) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Attacked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
          • Unit - Cause (Attacked unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing 0.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Else - Actions
Just Change the effect
and the damage that is taken

ALRIGHT, I'll be the one to say it. Your trigger leaks.
Since it's just a unit attack responce, the wait and the leak are gonna hurt your gameplay, the wait won't work and the leak will lag your game. This is what I propose: I have 4 simple steps to making a fine ability with the proper delay, and AOE damage.

Step 1: Make the dummy
Step 1.jpg
Step 2: Make the Ability
Step 2.jpg
Step 3: Add the Abilitys
Step 3.jpg
Step 4: Make the Trigger
Step 4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.