• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mav - Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav

Mav

Level 2
Hi all :emote_smile: .

I've already been DLing things now and then since quite a while (also while Wc3sear.ch was still active) so I'd like to say a big "thank you :emote_clap: " to all the modders here, especially JetFangInferno and Tenebis (not that there aren't others that make very good ressources, but those two are those I mostly got drawn my attention to) .
Was sort of scared when I recently read about JetFangInferno wanting to quit because of nearly no feedback, but luckily there were enough responses to *that* thread... Conclusion: I'll try to leave feedback whenever possible, now that I've finally registered :) .
I'm simply a bit (read: VERY) slow with registering and such, sorry... :emote_innocent:

As far as modding goes... I'm working on a rather large altered melee since quite some years (though that's not as much as it sounds - I don't mod all my freetime, and if so I also mod some other games now and then) and one can propably say that I've bitten off too much to chew, as it's at best in alpha stage right now, I'd say :/ .
Which is mainly because of me always getting crazy ideas about what additional feature/trigger (yes, JASS) I'd like to include... :emote_mad:
(so, expect to see me in the JASS forums now and then, asking strange questions ;o) )

Hm, this makes a question already: Should I upload this alpha for people to comment or not? I'd rather not because I don't feel it's in shape yet (I even didn't get to track the credits yet :emote_innocent: - should've kept up with them from the start, but well...) , but I'd like to hear/read some more opinions on this... :emote_smile:

I also recently started to fiddle around a bit with Magos' model editor, though I don't want to go too deep into this as I'm already doing some models for another game (FreeSpace, if anyone here knows it) and am not really progressing there as I'd like to, too :emote_sad: .

Oh, and I'm also not very often online (though I like forums quite much) so please don't expect any immediate answers from me, please...

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Welcome May. The Map Submission rules have yet to be finalized but maps will generally be accepted if they are betas (or very late alphas). As a rule of thumb, maps should be playable upon submission.

New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include::coolgrunt:

Mav

Mav

Level 2
Yep, thanks - and I already voted when I first was here :) .
I would like to also donate at least a bit, but will have to set up a paypal-account first... and such things take me very long, usually :/ .

Btw. - it's "Mav" not "May"... but thats not a big problem, or is it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.