Thanks for the review!Just completed it on "Hard" difficulty with Naga techrace. What I can say about whole gameplay - it's cool remake of original mission! Really it became more better than it was before in campaign.
By the way:
Overall - It's nice map and I think that I'll replay it as Blood Elfs in nearest future, just to compare Naga & Blood Elf power.
- First my emotion about water-only building as Naga - "Why?" Then I understood - my race is really powerfull and your choices to use water are really nice, it feels naga like Naga. Not other melee race, but Naga;
- Why I need sea dragon? I can't really find a situation where I can use them, so I think: in current form they're useless non-flying (I though that they would fly) units;
- I cleared whole map from Watchers and they kept spawning just from nowhere? It's embrassing, but it doesn't really changed at all;
- Did you decreased cooldown for "Tranquility" ability? Or I'm forgot it normal cooldown value;
- Nya'lotha Upgrade is really cool and unlocks nasty units and I don't understood - is those "Dark Whispers" are fully random, or based on some conditions like usage of special naga units (more you have, more you'll suffer from Whispers). Anyway, my units seems too powerful even for Nzoth, because I saw their madness only 3-4 times for whole time;
- Concept of allied additional assault waves are useful, but sometimes my AI friends tried to clear already cleared enemy camps.
Also I want to provide you with replay, which you could find useful.
Thanks for your map, it's really nice work!
Oh, I understood!Thanks for the review!
-Tranquility is the exact same as the base game, always been overpowered
- Sadly this is the worst map in the campaign for the Sea Dragon as it's the only one that isn't a defense mission or has water better connected to the rest of the map so it suffers. It's mainly intended for base defense and gets some spicy upgrades later on.
- Never expected anyone to clear to Maiev's base already but I'm in the process of adding stuff for if people want to go all the way.
-The Dark whispers are semi-random but are slightly skewed to giving you positive results if you're doing badly, seeing less meant you didn't need their help.
Thanks for playingHad fun just took a bit for me to understand how the elves worked.
Not sure if intended since the wardens start spawning when you bust Illidan out but Maiev was thrown all the way to the middle of the map where she proceeded to run all the way presumably to her base or the prison until I attacked her
There also seems to be an issue with the mana generator's upgrade to 2 mana per tick, the one for the wagon actually changes but the generator does not.
Also upgrades are a bit strange for units I'm not sure if it's intended, spawned waves have them all except mastery but no AI factions have upgrades except for the casters.
One last thing, I don't think the naga's hydromancer hero ever left their base.
The ability itself does nothing but let the player know about the effects. If you get the upgrade at any point during the campaign it carries over and different things happen depending on if you have it or not.Oh, I understood!
One more questions - does upgrade "Dark Whispes" changes something in lore? Or it's notice only flavor text?
Naga are strong, very slow start but it's an avalanche when you get going.
- This is probably just the AI being weird about certain buildings like the arcane vault but they built a second altar even though they already had one.
- This is me splittin' hairs but should the ensnare also mention sea giants?
- This is the first time I've seen the watchers try attacking the draenei, in total three towers dead.
- Moving demon gate.
- Just a random rock chunk I noticed that was underwater and wasn't destroyed as well as the one behind the mushrooms I guess.
- Not a usable item.
- The enemy AI heroes can keep leveling up, earliest I've noticed it to is from 4 to 7 in the case of this hero. Course a lot of em look a like.
- I don't know how I got permanent swarmers, only 3 over the course of the map.