• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Maker Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there, it's been three years since last time i opened world editor, and now i'm completely confuse of it. :lol:

I just come up an idea after i play DotA map. Well IMHO that is a nice and enjoyable map, but the maker just makes a few mistake, and i'm kinda disturb by that. And I come up with an idea, "Why don't i make such a similiar looking map but tottaly different from what it already made."

Truthfully that map make me piss off when i search mountain king and found some idiot hero, ok, then i tried to find Illidan, again i found another idiot hero, desperately i'm trying to find Tauren Chieftain but i couldn't find him. Sigh . . . where's the original hero form warcraft??? They are gone. When i'm discussed my opinion with my pal, he has the same opinion on that map. But now neither of us that can use that world editor since, i totally forgot what the hell i must do first. So now i'm looking for a nice guy who willing to cooperate with me to make such map.

If there's a guy that capable to make such a map look like dota you can just post here if you really want to cooperate with me. For now i'm concepting about each hero spell, and i think i'll make such spell that can be compare to mountain king spell or illidan skill. Spells that why you call them hero, not like dota. The hero is so weak, so they couldn't be counted as heroes.

This is for now, i'm gonna update the concept more if there's someone interested.

Level 10
hes saying he likes the crude map called DotA and he thinks that DotA is good. now that's just wrong.

Level 5
Maps like Dota are called AoS (however Dota can hardly be called an AoS, but officially it is an AoS).
If you don't like it try Eternal Conflict (can be DL-ed from this site) or an AoS that has some quality.
I am currently working on an AoS too, so there are hundreds of maps like that, and 90% of them is better than Dota.

Level 10
Pyrodactyl said:
Maps like Dota are called AoS (however Dota can hardly be called an AoS, but officially it is an AoS).
If you don't like it try Eternal Conflict (can be DL-ed from this site) or an AoS that has some quality.
I am currently working on an AoS too, so there are hundreds of maps like that, and 90% of them is better than Dota.

ah.. the good ol' days of AoS. EC was ok.. just that it lasted too long and spells got kind of boring after awhile...

Level 3
Bah! If this isn't english then i do not know what english is. Maybe my grammar is kinda rude or even screwed, but it just me.

Mecheon said:
I think that what he is TRYING to say is that he wants to make Generic AoS number 285, but use the original Warcraft heroes

To that I say: Why even bother?
Ah you got my point. But what is generic AoS number 285?
Yes i wan to use the original Warcraft 3 heroes and some of their original spell. Of course there will be custom heroes.

Such as:

1.Banshee, I'm planning give her spell like this:
- Scream (Area effect, make all nearby opponents uncontrolable)
- Sonic wave (Scream out forward to add damage + silence)
- Summon wisp (Summon wisp, the wisp can't do anything, but in exhange any damage thrown to banshee, will be taken by her wisp)
-Possess (possess any living thing you want for a period, this couldbe done to heroes too).

2.Ranger
- Fire Arrow (the same with wc)
- Double Strife (shoot two bow at a opponent)
- Trueshot Aura
- Rain of arrow (area effect)

Still working with the other custom heroes

Level 9
ok look possess is out of the question,u cant just take other players hero and play with it and leaving the player with notting to do...so i guess its better if u use (charm)
sonic wave- do u mean shock wave but what is silence?? without a buff or effect???
scream- i dont think there is such spell
RANGER
if u wanna make a custom hero then all the spell should be custom so u should change the fire arrow
rain of arrow- there is alot of types like (cluster rocket),(starfall),and (stampede)..
i can help u make custom hero with custom spells

Level 5
hi lex..
were on the same goal.. =p
making a DotA like map with original warcraft heroes..

mines like that.. but all the heroes of warcraft.. including the dead ones.. =p

my terrain is great and finished..
9 heroes are finished..
with items.. not so comlete.. kinda 45%..

scripts are almost complete.. 60% 8D..

but mine. is original warcraft hereoes.. but the skills are edited..

heres a link..
http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=13735
or visit
http://www.clancbsforum.tk

wanna join?.. i'll send ya a demo...
but it's notyet complete.. just the idea.. =p

my creeps has theyre own names.. gain level.. and has new skills as they increase their kills...
kill 1 = none, kill 2, 10% bash for 1sec and so on..

because unlike DotA..
u just leave your "Allies" to die and sacrifice themselves..

in my map.. the secret is helping your "Allies" to survive...

but of corse they will die.. to maintain balance. =p

so.. u wanna join?.. =D

Level 3
The possess skill in my head is kind like charm, your banshee is still there, and if she possess hero, the possession only last for 7 seconds, that's will make another hero afraid meeting her.

Sonic wave is kind like a shockwave or carrion swarm but the unit that receive that spell is silent for a few second.

For the scream spell, that's what i call custom skill. The effect is not stun but uncontrolable. It's like, if you move ur hero forward, he won't do that but he will go to any random direction except forward.

I think a ranger should have that fire arrow spell, but if you have better idea, what should her spell be?

Status
Not open for further replies.