• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{Marvel vs Dc Alpha Test} Need Map Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
AoS Map, 2 sides, 10 players, No Hero lvls (what? they are superheroes!)

I need comments on the heroes only since everything else in the map is still in very early stages. The buildings have barely begun, items and hirable mercs are nonexistent and game systems are still made only to function and still lack AoS gameplay functions. I would like people to comment not on how hard it is to kill the hero nor how good the hero is at eliminating the enemy heroes (since i know heroes here are imba to make them more comic accurate), but rather on the overall impact of the hero in the game. Meant to be a team play game and not single hero kill all like DoTa. Some heroes take 2 heroes working together to kill, while some are nearly impossible to chase (i.e. the flash); to balance such, their impact on overall gameplay has been reduced (i.e. flash cannot attack structures while in speed force).

This is my first map here and i'm still a n00b with little knowledge in jass. All spells are made with triggers.

P.S.
Yes i knw, V is not very original cough*dota*cough; but i need a working stealth unit for dc.

Attachments

• Marvel vs DC v1.04.w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 549
Level 8
Well after some testing I though some the heros where intresting although there where searus balance issues with the spell. I mean for example spiderman you already have a 35% chance of evading a attack well one of his skills gives you a 75% chance to evade for a certain time well I don't know about you but i think that is 110% chance of missing any attack rendering him basicly unable to hit.

There defintly needs to be more bases espicly when you got 5 towers to destroy but with 4 of them being at your main base.

On a side note:

You got a nice idea but your implementing it bad. I suggest you might try something new then the old AOS/DOTA formula. I can imagine hundreads of possiblities using Marvel vs DC heros.

Level 6
Hmmm well can u provide me with some ideas? I too am tired of the old Aos Fromula, but i cant seem to steer away from it. A hero arena map with these heroes without creep/tower interference would make it even more imbalanced.

i dont think TD would be a good idea, i mean "play as your favorite super heroes and use their super powers to build super towers to defeat super evil super villains" lol

About spider-man, his skill does not add up. It's either 35% or 75%; with the skill off, it's 35%, with the skill, on it's 75%. If you are wondering, i used an add event trigger and event - damage value; combining it with an If/then/else condition to check for the spell's buff. I made sure the two would never stack up to 110%.

Level 8
your thinking to basic. you need to think broad and new. here a nice example

instead of having a simple out in the field instead make a cityscape where heros can fight anywhere. make certain objectives like defend power plants or stuff like that. with maybe some random events such as a villain creep players can kill for good items. you could also have aos damage auras around players that slowly damage the buildings around them where they fight at this will slowly transform the city into a trashed up place espicly if you keep it so that fires and stuff just show up and debries stays.

Level 6
That's a great idea! Hehehe I'll have to "borrow" that one. i'll just make a system that selects random events/objectives to be played in every game so that each game is different. Maybe 4 events per game, and i'll try to make at least 12 events to make it interesting. I'll try to work on the debris thing, but i haven't got much time now since I'm working on another map by request of a friend. I'll fix this up as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.