• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map is too big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

roz

Level 1
I have made a map with a lot of custom models. When i try to play it on LAN is says that the map file is too big and i shall select another map. Why does'nt my map work??

Level 3
I can help...

Clord had suggested that you make this into a mod... Unless your very serious about your map and you have extensive programing experience this map not be your best idea.

You have two options (not including making your map a whole new mod)

1) You can drop some of your custom models that can be replaced by regular units (i.e archers etc.)
2) You can send me the map at [email protected] and I can find some ways to shorten it. Possibly shrinking the map bounds will drop it by a couple of killobites. At this point your just gonna need to find ways to make your map a little smaller.

**A possible size issue could be in your triggers. People who make maps that have to many triggers that loop, wc3 compensates for that and gives more memory to the trigger area wich in turn gives your map a greater file size.

3) On an old editor I think i still have, they had a way were they could shrink your map size... I'm not sure if this would work or if it's even out there but that's the last option I can recomend for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.