• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making Buildings Invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was wondering if there is an easy way to give structures an invisibility spell without giving the unit a "Is A Building=True" value but still basing the spell off of "shadow meld" or "invisibility" etc. Also without using triggers... Am i missing something in the object editor?

Level 2
just tried basing one off wind walk, no luck yet :( I want to make it to where it is button activated, so more like an "insivibility" than a "shadow meld", able to be used whenever to hide the building.

Level 13
I was wondering if there is an easy way to give structures an invisibility spell without giving the unit a "Is A Building=True" value but still basing the spell off of "shadow meld" or "invisibility" etc. Also without using triggers... Am i missing something in the object editor?
You want a lot of things...using triggers would be a good way ...

Level 2
do you know how i would do it going about it with triggers?

I need to use triggers to make a building that can cast invisibility on itself... ?

Level 2
i've tried that, it seems to only work if i change it to a unit.. but that conflicts with other things on my map besides the fact that it totally seems to take out the ground pathing map for some reason

{EDIT}
Can someone please post a good little dummy trigger set up for this? still kind of lost..

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
yeah, Windwalk will remove a unit's pathability.

Maybe you should try using the Sorcerer's invisibility spell and make it on a dummy unit to target on the structure when it uses a dummy ability like channel.

I think invisibility always removes pathing map but you can create destructible on its position with the same pathing map wich will not be removed.

{EDIT}

There is a parnament invisibility ability and you can add it when unit finishes casting of YourAbility

event-unit finished casating an ability
conditions-ability being cast egual to YourAbility
-action add parnament invisibility to casting unit

if you want me to make it more clear ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
I created a trigger.
But first I created unit of the buildings using the Cirlce of Power as the base unit and added Locust ability to the unit.

The trigger I used
  • Events
    • Unit enters region(range may work too)
  • Conditions
    • region = (region building is in)
  • Actions
    • set vertex coloring of unit to 100% 100% 100% with 70% transparency
  • Events
    • Unit leaves region
  • Conditions
    • Region = (region)
  • Actions
    • Set Vertex coloring = 100% 100% 100% with 100% transparency
the Vertex transparency trigger is under animations I believe

Level 4
Just a quick solution off the top of my head:
Try making it that when the ability is cast it activates a trigger with the action:
Unit - Hide (Casting Unit)
Very simple, don't know if that will work like you want it to but hope it does!
(Use Unhide to unhide unit - "Unit - Unhide x")

EDIT: On second thought the player won't be able to see his own building. Lol stupid idea from me, I'll keep thinking

Last edited:
Level 2
I am not really good with WE, but I tried many times to make a melee custom maps. Once I tried to make a custom race that use "sneak" and "stealth" tactics. I also tried to make buildings invisible.

I manage to do it, but with one building being "stealth generator" which would give all other buildings invisibility. Ability of that building was based on aura with custom triggers, coming into play once you research it.

Problem is, sometimes it will work, other times it wont, and sometimes it will cast invisibility on some buildings while others would remain normal.

It's not much of a help, but at least it might give some ideas for more experienced programmers.

Status
Not open for further replies.