• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make model disappear instantly on death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi guys,

I have a model which upon being created and destroyed stays for several seconds after death.

Usually this happens when the model has a stand / death animation, and I used to fix it by removing the death animation. But this one doesn't have anything...

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this?

Many thanks

Attachments

• ZapMissile.mdx
    82.9 KB · Views: 24
Here, so i added a Death animation, since there seemed to be no place to call it to be removed so it has one now and nothing will appear on it either, so itll be as you want instant disappear on death

This was a problem in the visibility in the material layers. You would need to go into the mdl and change those numbers accordingly to your animation frames.
But here its fixed for you :)

PS. i would suggest changing their visibility over deleting animations, i would have to think it would be a better option, even if deleting works lol

Attachments

• ZapMissileNew.mdx
    82 KB · Views: 27
Level 12
Thanks! There is just one issue: Currently after death there is still one swirly ribbon left:

1-png.370108

How would I fix this?

ANd if not overly complicated, would you mind explaining the steps you took to fix it?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    3.1 KB · Views: 79
Thanks! There is just one issue: Currently after death there is still one swirly ribbon left:

How would I fix this?

ANd if not overly complicated, would you mind explaining the steps you took to fix it?

Ah sneaky that one does not show in studio, didnt realize, i guess should of put in the worldeditor, no worries got it fixed.
As for an explanation on how:
Step 1: save your model as a (.mdl) and open it with notepad
Step 2: find your animation numbers ( In reteras studio, push F in edit tab, there is a slider at the bottom that has #/## like 0/300 or whatever it would say.)
Step 3: in your opened notepad of the mdl, scroll down to your materials list and adjust the numbers to your numbers of your animations.
Screenshot 2020-12-17 083043.png

Like so, the
0: 1,
33: 1,
1033: 1, these first 3 is your stand animation frames
1067: 0,
1167: 0, is the death animation i put, 0 makes them not visible.

You will have to adjust for each material layer there is.

Step 4 a similar thing to your emitters all the way near bottom will have to be adjusted or the death anim added to give 0 visibility
like this -
Screenshot 2020-12-17 082937.png
(this was one that was still appearing, i had missed this one adding these i guess lol but its good now.)
do this for all the particle emitter and ribbon emitter and then its done. push that save button, and reopen the mdl in the studio and resave as the .mdx

so there you go, lol hopefully that makes sense to you.

Attachments

• ZapMissileNew1.mdx
    82 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.