• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

make a unit carry units, not transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
In war3 I had an idea about making a unit as a flying space platform that carries units on board. So if I move the platform unit the units on it also are moved away, you know like carried away. By carrying I dont mean loaded like a transporter but the units standing on unit-platform. Ofc in war3 that was impossible so I had to make it like that:

Each of the units I wanted to carry I had to change the unit movement to a flying, set some height just above the flying unit-platform and every 0.01 sec move each of the carried units to fixed location on that moving platform so that when I move the platform, the units are Moved Instantly to their locations on the platform as they are carried.

As a result of using every 0.01 time event this wasnt very good option as it had big leaks and lag since I did it for 12 units.

The reason why I didnt make 12 attachments to the 'Platform' and attach each unit to it is because I wanted these 12 units to be selectable etc not decoration or effect like they would be if an attachment.

So my question is can I do that in SC2, can you attach units to a unit in such way that they are selectable and not like a special effect or decoration (because in war3 they were so if an attachment).

Status
Not open for further replies.