• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Make a [floating text] trigger a one time deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to make floating text appear once a unit passes a point in the map. Only problem is each time someone passes it (say they're in a group or the player is retarded and gets in and out of the zone), it starts over (generaly making the text layer on itself).

So, I came here thinking some more proficient mapper could enlighten me.
Thanks !

Level 28
So you basicly just want the text to appear the first time somebody enters? Add the trigger action "Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)" in the beginning of the trigger (first action I'd say). You don't really have to change anything in the action. The "(this trigger)" setting is preset so you'll just have to find the action "turn off trigger" and click OK.

kj_

kj_

Level 5
Err so basicly ...
  • Event
  • Unit enters <Your Rect>
    • Condition
  • (Owner of (entering unit)) Equal to Player 1(Red)-(Add All Players if this consists of more players)
    • Action
  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (message) at (Center of <Your Rect>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10, color (100% 100% 100%) and 0.00 Transaprency(Change at will)
  • Floating text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players)
  • Wait 5.00 Seconds
  • Floating Text - Hide (Last Created Floating text) for (all players)
  • Trigger - turn off (this trigger)

Status
Not open for further replies.