• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magical Shield attachment(buff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I'm making a mana shield ability that only protects from front.
Thus, the usual model doesn't make any sense.

What the requested one should look like:
Some arcane-ish color(blue?)
Has a birth animation, where it starts generating from the middle and grows into full size.
Has a stand animation, where it isn't completely static, but doesn't need to do much either.
Has a death animation where it fades away.
The death and birth animations should be fairly short.

Bonus:
An additional death animation where it is shattered into pieces and then fades away.
An animation for when a hit is taken(or maybe a separate effect model that just fits on top of it?)

You could use a dummy unit and place it in front if nobody responds.

EDIT: I decided to give it a go for you, I know it isn't the best... hopefully it works for you though, and if not then maybe someone will do it better. =)

I am not an animator so I couldn't add the exact animations you wanted, could only edit what was there.

Attachments

• arcaneshieldfront.mdx
    27.2 KB · Views: 56
Level 21
You could use a dummy unit and place it in front if nobody responds.

EDIT: I decided to give it a go for you, I know it isn't the best... hopefully it works for you though, and if not then maybe someone will do it better. =)

I am not an animator so I couldn't add the exact animations you wanted, could only edit what was there.

I'm glad that you tried, but this still has the problem that it's all around the caster.

Status
Not open for further replies.