• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost my CD-Key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Some time ago I'd borrowed my Warcraft 3 RoC + TfT to my friend,but after i got it back i wasn't even able to read the CD-Key anymore. This wasn't bad, I thought.

But today, i wanted to host a game on BNet but everybody complained about "Delay" and they told me to get listchecker.

So I've Downloaded listchecker, downloaded the .ini file and then ... There were 2 lines for Keys... Please help me.. Tell me how I can find my CD-Keys (Yeah, I searched on Google and looked into the Registry, but there was nothing)..
Please

Level 9
Try this program attached, I think it may help you. Depending on what key you need (either Reign of Chaos or The Frozen Throne), you must enter Warcraft III and then through LAN.

Then go back to the application and there you go! It worked for me, so hopefully it works for you ;) .

Attachments

• W3XCDKeyGrabber11800.zip
    15.6 KB · Views: 618
Level 9
Level 36
Because I'm definitely not already on the newest patch; I'm clearly on the patch that came out many months ago, because I definitely don't play Warcraft on bnet. At all. [/sarcasm]

My point is that regardless of what your patch is you need the CD in order for the CD-key grabber to work.

Level 9
Because I'm definitely not already on the newest patch; I'm clearly on the patch that came out many months ago, because I definitely don't play Warcraft on bnet. At all. [/sarcasm]

My point is that regardless of what your patch is you need the CD in order for the CD-key grabber to work.
I tried it without the CD (I just installed it and then patched it to the latest version there), and then it worked with the instructions in the application, and I'm guessing the CD-Key is located in the registry?

Level 9
Thanks, the KEy-Grabber worked. Now I can play without people complaining about delay ^^
No problem, ask anytime, and enjoy the games at Battle.net. I can't really play there because the latency is rather high :( , hopefully getting a faster one later.

Anyways, enjoy and you don't have to owe me anything. That is why we are here - to help ;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.