• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lordaeron City Ruins (BfA)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Credits to Blizzard
I made the export and coversion of this .wmo model, It cotains 300+ part of geosets and 30+ texture used. be careful before using or preview.
265969-ddf997a07e5c38ad77f760f7261d196e.jpg
Previews
Contents

Lordaeron City (Model)

Macielos

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
Did you think about splitting the model onto several assets, like walls, towers, gates, main buildings etc.? Or maybe someone already did that? I imagine it would require some work, adding some missing walls here and there, but it would be much more flexible to use then. I even checked in WoWExport, but unfortunately I only found a couple of towers and minor doodads, the rest is just single huge models like that one.

have people experimented with using a giant model like this to actually create playable terrain?
I use some large doodad models, although definitely not that large. Interiors are definitely a challenge, you'd have to either remove the model roofs/make them semi-transparent, or use some special camera. Also, visibility - the doodad is being uncovered as a whole when you approach its center, before that it's all in black (that's also why I suggest to split it). Besides that, exterior areas should be playable as long as you cover them by path blockers and platforms.

Last edited: