• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Loop not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Ok, so after learning how to write JASS to work with me, I'm struck with a problem. See, I have this spell that is supposed to create 15 waves of 5 units. It set to use a loop within a loop. The only problem is (dont shoot me for it) I cant get TriggerSleepAction to work effectivly for me, instead it skips it and only loops once. Any help with this?

JASS:
function Trig_Artillery_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local location ArtilleryPoint = GetSpellTargetLoc()
    local unit ArtilleryCaster = GetSpellAbilityUnit ()
    local rect ArtilleryRegion = RectFromCenterSizeBJ(ArtilleryPoint, 1000.00, 1000.00)
    local group ArtilleryGroup = GetUnitsInRectAll(ArtilleryRegion)
    local integer ArtilleryLoop1 = 1
    local integer ArtilleryLoop2 = 1
    local location ArtilleryLocU
    local unit ArtilleryUnit
    local unit ArtilleryUnit2
    call GroupRemoveUnit( ArtilleryGroup, ArtilleryCaster )
    loop
        exitwhen ArtilleryLoop1 > 15
        loop
            exitwhen ArtilleryLoop2 == 30
            set ArtilleryLocU = GetRandomLocInRect(ArtilleryRegion)
            call CreateUnitAtLoc(GetTriggerPlayer(), 'h00B', ArtilleryLocU, bj_UNIT_FACING )
            set ArtilleryUnit = GetLastCreatedUnit()
            call CreateUnitAtLoc(GetOwningPlayer(ArtilleryCaster), 'h00F', ArtilleryLocU, bj_UNIT_FACING )
            set ArtilleryUnit2 = GetLastCreatedUnit()
            call SetUnitTimeScale( ArtilleryUnit, 25.00 )
            call SetUnitScalePercent( ArtilleryUnit, 500.00, 500.00, 1000.00 )
            call SetUnitAnimation( ArtilleryUnit, "birth" )
            call SetUnitAnimation( ArtilleryUnit2, "birth" )
            call UnitApplyTimedLife( ArtilleryUnit, 'BTLF', 0.50 )
            call UnitApplyTimedLife(ArtilleryUnit2,'BTLF',0.50)
            call UnitDamagePointLoc( ArtilleryCaster, 0, 500, ArtilleryLocU, 5.00, ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL, DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL )
            call RemoveLocation (ArtilleryLocU)
            set ArtilleryLoop2 = ArtilleryLoop2 + 1
        endloop
        set ArtilleryLoop1 = ArtilleryLoop1 + 1
        call TriggerSleepAction (.27)
    endloop
    call UnitDamagePointLoc( ArtilleryCaster, 0, 1000.00, GetRectCenter(ArtilleryRegion), 300.00, ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL, DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL )
    call RemoveRect (ArtilleryRegion)
    call RemoveLocation (ArtilleryPoint)
    call DestroyGroup (ArtilleryGroup)
endfunction
Help is much welcomed (feel free to help with any other kinks in it too!)
And of course +rep to helpers

Level 3
Yeah, use timers, if you dont know how to, then use:
JASS:
call PolledWait(#.##)
Its a little more accurate than TSA (TriggerSleepAction). TSAs are horrible, they can cause desyncs so you dont ever want to use them. A desync is where a player or players will disconnect because the information in the map on one computer is different than on another computer. Vague explanation, but I hope you understand the point that they are very bad.

However, I would also advise you not to create a unit and set it to a variable after.
Here is the part of your code Im talking about:
JASS:
call CreateUnitAtLoc(GetTriggerPlayer(), 'h00B', ArtilleryLocU, bj_UNIT_FACING )
            set ArtilleryUnit = GetLastCreatedUnit()

Instead you may want to use:
JASS:
set ArtilleryUnit = CreateUnitAtLoc(GetTriggerPlayer(), 'h00B', ArtilleryLocU, bj_UNIT_FACING)
That sums up 2 actions into 1.
Anyway, hope this helped. If you have any questions you can PM me.

EDIT: Dont forget to add leak cleaners before ending the function.
JASS:
    set ArtilleryUnit = null
    set ArtilleryUnit2 = null
    set ArtilleryCaster = null
endfunction

Level 12
Thanks for the help, but it still wont re-loop it. I'm writing it in JassCraft and moving it into the maps header, could that be the problem?

Edit: Ok, somethings wrong, I've tryed modifiying the script to see if its a problem with my loop method, but it wont even let me test it when I narrow it down to just 1 loop

Status
Not open for further replies.