• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loop action with cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am trying to make a triiger that requires in theory a loop action that repeats after a certain period of time.

The spell that i am triying to trigger is animate dead.
I want to make it as a buff and when the unit leans that passive every 15 seconds a corpse nearby will be reanimetd for some time.(for those of you who played daow its the lich kings passive)

I can't seem to fiind the right event and condition do to it.
I have tried with event issue order with no target to start the trigger but it will reanimte every single time i press right click on the ground.

I need it to reanimte every single 15 seconds after the unit has learned the passive or has the buff.

For those who understood what i want and can help me i am really greatfull.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Couldn't you add an invisible dummy unit that is moved to the main unit's location and the dummy casts Animate Death every 1 second and the spell has 15 second cooldown so that if the unit comes to nearby corpses a corpse is resurrected?

And add an aura spell to the main unit that tell what is actually happening. (the aura does not need to have an effect in fact).

Make a dummy passive ability (fx. from True Sight).

Create a trigger that goes something like this:

1. Cast
Events - A Unit learns a skill
Conditions - Learned Hero skill equal to Your_Passive
Actions -
Set AnimatePlayer = Owner of triggering unit
Start AnimateTimer as a one shot timer that will expire in 15 seconds
Turn on periodic trigger

2. Periodic trigger
Events - AnimateTimer expires
Conditions -
Actions -
Set Temp_Point = Position of your unit
Create 1 AnimateDummyUnit for AnimatePlayer at Temp_Point facing whatever angle.
Order Last created unit to Animate Dead
Add a 2 second Expiration timer to Last Created unit
Remove Temp_Point
Start AnimateTimer as a one shot timer that will expire in 15 seconds

This is not MUI.

Edit:
The AnimateDummyUnit has the real Animate Dead ability.

Level 3
@solu it's awesome thx for the detaliated Triigerr, i don't need it Mui , Gui is really good.

But if you do the extra mile to actually make the trigger and coppy paste it here.Alot of stuff i understand but i dont know what Is animate player = variable/dummy Or animte timer triggerr that shots of .

Or how to do a periodic trigger (can't seem to fiind it in the editor)

If you could copy paste the trigger here or give a map with the trigger would be really awesome it would help me learn faster and help me quite alot.

Also rep already for you guys even if you can't give more i will probly be able to pull this in some days but if you can i will be able to finish that spell today.

Before I go that extra mile I'll post some details which might be enough for you to do it yourself.

-A dummy ability is just a placeholder that the unit can learn to indicate he has the ability. You just pick a random passive ability and chance the text to your needs and set all data to 0. I normally use True Sight.
-A dummy unit is a unit that has the actual ability (in this case Animate Dead). This unit also should have the Invulnerability ability and the Locust ability. For this unit you also disable everything that has to do with combat fx. disable both attacks. Set "Can Flee" to false, movement speed to 0 and so on. Also remove the model from this unit so it can't be seen ingame.
-The Animate Dead ability the Dummy Unit has should cost 0 mana and have 0 cooldown.
-AnimateTimer is a Timer variable. Go create such.
-AnimatePlayer is a Player variable. Go create such.
-The Periodic Trigger is just the name of the trigger ;) Call it whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.