• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for some models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
After going through the campaign, especially the mission with that kickass looking Hybrid, I've been eager to get a hold of the unit model so I can have some fun with it.

The thing is, I'm having some trouble.

One would be that I feel like I'm looking for the models at the wrong place, if I'm not mistaken, I should look for it under Actors, right?

Secondly would be that the built-in search syntax doesn't really return what I would want. I've tried searching for units like Queen of Blades and Tauren Marine and stuff like that but I end up being unable to find either, as well as another few units.

Anyone mind help answering my questions? Much appreciated.

Units I'm currently looking for (model/potraits): Tauren Marine, Queen of Blades, Zeratul, Leviathan (that huge thing in the last mission), Odin.

Level 4
ANY changes you make in your map, even when adding dependencies, are ONLY changes that will effect your map.

When you make a change it saves it in a special file named yourmapname.map that you will see in GREEN listed in the DATA Editor. with a SOURCE of yourmapname.map to let you know its in your map only.

(The source info will only show if you are NOT viewing data in TREE form.)

Also, a note. if you change DATA in the editor and want to recall the orig data but notice that the new GREEN version you created replaced the default version in the list, the orig is still there. And you can RECALL that data at any time when editing by right clicking on something and select "RESET TO PARENT" and choosing "PARENT OBJECT". This will revert any changes you made to a unit to what it was with the retail version of the game.

You can also select "DISPLAY ALL OBJECT SOURCES" this will list, many copies off the original unedited unit, all from different sources. MELEE, CAMPAIGN, and the copy from YOURMAP. So you can reference the defaults with simple click without having to revert yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.