• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for a way to communicate with bots like dota does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
example like say i kill 3 heroes in dota and kill 20 creeps. That data be passed to a bot through the game. And when i give the hostbot a command such as !statsdota it would display the stats of the person. Such as dotacash. But NOT dota so i can use for other games.

Level 16
so, you makin a host bot program?..

i guess assigning them to save variables from jass or warcraft isn't that hard. since they could connect with warcraft hosting systems. why not connect
to the game's variables.

from what i am seeing is, the hostbot datas doesn't connect with eachother, except battlenet ones.

maybe they had a big bot database server?

so all hostbot datas will be transferred
and be downloaded again by all bots.

it is the job of the bot, not dota anyways, maybe getting similar creep kill variables and hero kill will do the job.

Level 3
example like say i kill 3 heroes in dota and kill 20 creeps. That data be passed to a bot through the game. And when i give the hostbot a command such as !statsdota it would display the stats of the person. Such as dotacash. But NOT dota so i can use for other games.

why should you send it to bot and then write a command in chat theat you could simply make a multiboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.