• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Looking for a crack-shot team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay, so, I guess the easiest way to start this recruitment is to explain what I want to create.

What I want to make is an open RPG, but rather than just but random creeps on the map along with poorly thrown together heroes, I wish to incorperate elements I've found stimulating to game-play in multiple RPG maps. For example, Isles At War, though a fairly poor map (in my opinion) for game play, has a very unique and interesting quest system. Defi4nc3's ORPG has an amazing array of dungeons and hero abilities. However, defiance's ORPG only uses a small portion of a large map. Though that is kinda of required, I believe that more can be used, and it can be fleshed out better.

Anyway, I propose to blend those two ORPGS with some of my own concepts. I will list what I wish for this map to be able to deliver to people:

Quest system: Ilses at War has certain NPCs that the player's character must run up to in order to gain access to a quest. This NPC then turns into a sort of shop, where the PC 'purchases' a quest, and it's added to their quest book (Normal quest log menu). A very good concept that I believe will add a element of purpose to the map.
Hero Skills: Defi4nc3's ORPG has a very cool and unglitchy system of giving heroes more than 4 or 6 skills. Place them in another menu altogether. A very good concept that should continue into all ORPGs.
Dual-class Heroes: Now then this will be a very tricky thing to incorperate, but it would basically take any combination of 2 classes and allow this character to get the best of both worlds. Have trainers available to 'purchase' hero skills from either class at the required level. Balance is required, but that will be done with the limit of hero skill points.
Rare Items / Upgradeable Items: Another concept from Defi4nc3's ORPG, with items able to be upgraded with Dungeon Points. Rare items, with an extremely low drop rate to encourage repetition of events for DP points and the item. possibly dropping.
Gigantic Map: Any ORPG needs a very large map. Most ORPGs I've seen have been good for being large, but just don't have the detail (possibly to cut down on lag *Shrug*) that I believe they could have. There will be a story behind this ORPG, simply to allow continuation of the maps and level of heroes. Crossing continents, etc. The story will not make it not an Open RPG.

Personally, I take myself to be a very creative and skilled map builder (of realistic playable maps). I'm looking for extremely skilled triggers and unit builders. I may also need modelers and skinners, but we shall see. I will need an iconer.

Post here, and let me know if you are interested.[/b]

Level 2
What I have completed so far, and what I intend to implement:

Heroes:
Blackguard (Undead unique), description posted above, with abilites.
Spiritchaser (Orc unique, description written above, with abilities.
Captain (Human unique): Intellect based hero, meant to command his troops with his mind, rather than brawn. Summons troops and buffs them.
Inventor (Orc unique): Intellect based hero. Creates (summons) many units, such as a zeppelin to travel.

More on the way. Each race will have a basic 3 or 4 classes, such as fighter, healer, caster, and ranged attacker. Each will have variable starting stats, but the same abilities. Each race will have multiple uniques to allow for variability.

Stat and Bag System:
Completed. Each hero can choose the stats he gains, 6 each level. They may also have bags of any number of slots in their inventory, to hold potions, or different gear for certain dungeons.

Terrain:
45% complete. Each race has a seperate starting location, though it will not be too hard to get to each other. All players will be allied. There will be a PvP arena.

Quest System:
Not implemented. I need help with triggers.

I'm looking for a triggerer to help me with this map. Please respond here if you're interested.

Level 2
All that is very trigger intensive. I don't want to load up this map with triggers, considering it's going to be multiplayer, and a lot of people who play this game don't have the best computers.

I will limit each hero to 1 weapon, armor, ring, shield, footwear, etc. Should make it a bit more believable that way.

Level 3
Sounds like a good project... but one thing though..
Wouldn't it be better to simply have Gloves/gauntlets etc, instead of rings?..

Would add too armour as well, and you could have a weight based system as well...

(should be really easy, just work of integers :))

I'm not too good with ideas, but I like where this is going mate... good luck....

1 more thing; this is just random, but maybe use something like camp fires for hero's to heal at...

Like, when a hero is hurt, and he has like 2 special items (wood, and matches w/e) he can build a campfire, which would work as a ward...

a healing ward....... Lol, I need to stop drinking....

Level 3
I'm not too bad..

I mean, I can prevent memory leaks, and work my way around a few things.

The weight system I have fairly planned out already...
So if you want some more ideas or something like that..

Contact me... msn: [email protected]

Level 1
i am a mapper and would like to join this project i am the creator of Sephiroth-FF7's Jurasic Park and Sephiroth-FF7s Final Fantasy i am good at making maps but i am almost cluelss at adding models if ive added some its often by fluke
i can make maps well for rpgs
just tell me what u want and send a basic pic like done on paint so i know the basic idea then i can get to work straight away
please reply as soon as pos

Status
Not open for further replies.