• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Logging in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I can't log in properly, I type in my username and password it says welcome browser redirecting etc. and takes me back to the page I was viewing but doesn't register that I am logged in.
I have to enter my username and password a couple of times before it finallly sticks, even then it will randomly log me out when I go somewhere.

I had to log in 5 times in order to post this and 3 times to edit it!

Level 4
I've had a problem similar to that in the past, only that when I log out, it doesn't log out..and it takes me two to three trys most days.

I'll just lump that concern in here, seeing as its similar to your own.

Level 32
Log in failures sound like an issue that may be related to your local hardware/software. I have never experienced any log in failures myself using my two machines or my own browsers.

What operating system(s) are you running? What web browser(s) do you use to access the site?

Level 2
Windows XP Service pack 2 & IE6, this could be related to how I registered, I didn't get any mail saying that I am registered, and after waiting for 2 or 3 months I was randomly able to log in, and was perfectly fine until a month or so ago, and everywhere else I can log in perfectly fine, but not here.

Level 2
Firefox doesn't help, I still have to log in multiple times, either there is something wrong with my account or this is a bug in the system.

And cleaning my cookies doesn't help.

Level 15
Do you check the "Remember Me?" box when you log in? While it shouldn't be required, it might help.

Also, do you use any sort of web filtering software that might be blocking the cookies this site uses?

Level 2
Very odd, but that worked

I cleaned my cookies and tried again, it gives me trouble when I don't click on 'remember me' but works perfectly fine when I do. Odd.

Level 35
Well while "remember me" fixed his prolbem, I have the opisite problem, remeber me doesnt work for me, but well many of hive funktions doesnt for me, so proably somekind of problem with IE but wierd thing is that for a half year ago all worked fine for me (and it is the same pc, so maybe some swrewed up update for IE maybe... that prolbems doesnt only happens on THW but also other sites, and my own sites... maybe I should use firefox..

Status
Not open for further replies.