• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Locust Swarm Return Mana?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
That seems like a complicated issue. The spell itself would be best alone made purely as jass (like self-controlling where the locusts should attack and such) and then fix the mana returned (but yes, its maybe too complicated)

In GUI and by using the current locust swarm ability its limited, as you cant check when a locust isnt even returning the life. The closest (yet inaccurate) way to do this would to check when the locust units is within a small certain range of the caster. But then, it would also give mana when the locust is just flying above.

Isnt the soul harvest ability more like a no-target spell where you 'stomp/clap' the ground so that the enemies souls are drained out of their body returning mana?

Level 30
aaah well lol :) I do have an alternative in mind :p

If its going to be that hard, I may just create a locust swarm dummy effect, and make the casters mana increase a set amount every second if there are enemy units nearby.

I imagine that will be a lot easier :D

However, that brings me onto another question, how do you get a trigger to detect units within a radius of the caster, that belong to a specific player? :S

Level 23
Yeah, but it wouldnt be too accurate as well. They will still fly over an enemy.

Speaking of that, the dummy unit is a good idea. You could make the dummy locust caster have, let say 100 hp, and then check with a periodic timer and see if the dummy caster received more health. Simple math here you know;) and then it would be easy to give the life gained as mana to the real caster.

Level 30
Yeah, but it wouldnt be too accurate as well. They will still fly over an enemy.

Speaking of that, the dummy unit is a good idea. You could make the dummy locust caster have, let say 100 hp, and then check with a periodic timer and see if the dummy caster received more health. Simple math here you know;) and then it would be easy to give the life gained as mana to the real caster.

wow :O thats awesome

So basically, I need to make a trigger that says:

"every time the dummy unit receives health, increase the mana of the caster by the same amount" :D

Ty for the help :D +rep!

And I kn ow its not very accurate, but If the caster could zap mana out of units killing them instantly, it would be kinda imba :S

Level 23
No problem..

It may not be as simple as finding an event like that, but yes, a periodic timer would do it.

Do I have to get into details? Im just gonna give you some just in case.
At every timer expiration check, set 'subtratedLife' as 'current hp of the dummy caster' - 'last hp', and give the caster the equal amount of 'subtractedLife' as mana.
Then, set the 'lasthp' tp 'current hp of dummy caster' at the end of the trigger.
I suggest arrays for making it mpi, I have no good solution of making it mui. But mpi would be enough in your map.

Level 30
No problem..

It may not be as simple as finding an event like that, but yes, a periodic timer would do it.

Do I have to get into details? Im just gonna give you some just in case.
At every timer expiration check, set 'subtratedLife' as 'current hp of the dummy caster' - 'last hp', and give the caster the equal amount of 'subtractedLife' as mana.
Then, set the 'lasthp' tp 'current hp of dummy caster' at the end of the trigger.
I suggest arrays for making it mpi, I have no good solution of making it mui. But mpi would be enough in your map.

good point with the arrays :D I hadnt thought about that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.