• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Location of second and third Rexxar campaign chapter map files (OrcX_02 and OrcX_03)

Level 10
Hi, I have been searching the MPQ files for the second and third maps of the Rexxar campaign, but all I was able to find was the first map and its submaps (OrcX01_1-5) in the War3xlocal file. Does anybody know how to access these? Many thanks! :)

Level 20
I see them in the war3x.mpq

1701168734497.png

Level 10
Yeah, I suspected it to be so, but my patch mpq file seems to be corrupted or it's because of the language (non-English) version. I basically see all the files in one folder and most of them have incorrect or nonsensical names. Thanks for the help guys, you are the best! ❤️ And special thanks to you @Chaosium for uploading these!

Level 11
Yeah, I suspected it to be so, but my patch mpq file seems to be corrupted or it's because of the language (non-English) version. I basically see all the files in one folder and most of them have incorrect or nonsensical names. Thanks for the help guys, you are the best! ❤️ And special thanks to you @Chaosium for uploading these!
you need a list file for it to be read

Level 29
The map file for Rexxar Campaign was located in "War3xLocal.mpq" (for Act 1) and "War3Patch.mpq", but when Blizzard merged both ROC and TFT clients starting in 1.28, it was stored in "War3x.mpq" file instead for all 3 Acts (along with the 4 main campaigns for TFT).

If you want to open the "War3Patch.mpq" file (for 1.26/1.27), you'll probably need the Listfile so that when you open that file it doesn't show weird names.

As a bonus, if you want to identify the sub-map names for Act 2 (it's a bit confusing due to the map having 5 submaps for main quest and 4 submaps with dungeon monsters), here's a correct one:
1.OrcX02_02.w3x (Coastal Base - Infiltrate Theramore Quest).
2.OrcX02_03.w3x (Theramore City - Escape Theramore Quest).
3.OrcX02_04.w3x (Dustwallow Marsh - Ogre Quest).
4.OrcX02_05.w3x (Mulgore - Tauren Quest).
5.OrcX02_06.w3x (Tidefury Cove - First Blood Quest).
6.OrcX02_07.w3x (Tombs of the Ancients).
7.OrcX02_08.w3x (Den of the Lost).
8.OrcX02_09.w3x (Magistrate Temple).
9.OrcX02_10.w3x (Outland Arena).

Interesting thing is: Editor throws an error like this if you attempt to open each submaps for Act 2 (My version is 1.29.2):
WE Error.jpg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
For legacy builds of Warcraft III pre-dating the reforged development, they are located in the patch MPQ. This is because The Forzen Throne did not ship with the bonus orc campaign finished, and instead it was released post-launch by patch. Legacy builds of Warcraft III deployed all patch content and changes inside the patch MPQ, which is why those campaign files are located there.