• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loading Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
In a normal loading screen you can see the minimap. I want to make a screen with a another picture than the minimap... plz help (excuse me for my bad english...

Level 2
In a normal loading screen u can see the minimap... I want to make a loading screen, but not with the minimap, but with a custom picture. I also want to type something, like instructions or something... plz help...

Level 3
Actually..

Actually a map Preview can be 128x128 as well. You should use that way It works a lot better and It makes you map smaller

Okay and to stay on topic this is how you add a description.
First open world Editor then open your map.
Now at the top bar you'll see a bunch of stuff like file, advance, edit, tools, etc. Anyway you want the one called scenario. Then click on the first button called Map Description. Theres where you fill out what the game is called. Now to skip 5 hours of me talking to you guiding you step by step. I'll cut the crap and just answer you question. Go to Loading Screen and hit the "Use Campain Screen" Button. Then in the text below type what ever you want because thats what is going to show up in the loading process.
Then you can pick a loading screen from the list (my fav is undead final bu I don't use those anymore because I made my own).
And there you have it. If you have anymore questions just post in this form and I'll try to answer them (because everyone else is to buissy to help someone out *shame*)

Level 3
just wondering.. on creating your own background loading image.. wat file format does it need to be in? coz ive tried TGA and others, but i cant seem to change it to this background in the loading screen edit thing. any help? thx

Level 6
File must be in 32bit tga format and then import it into the map and rename the path to war3mapPreview.tga , must be named exactly that name or it wont work. ( no /importedcrap or anything before it just war3mapPreview.tga)

Level 3
holly shit he's talking about a loading screen. Anybody who wants to talk about Previews go the hell and fuck off this topic.
First it has to be 512x512 and it has to be in blp format.
I'll pm you the loading screen model so it will work.
Enjoy :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.