• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Loading Screen & Preview Picture request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Hello, this request may sound odd, but I'm really bad at making this stuff...

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/great-battles-middle-ages-v-5-3-a-162975/

I need someone to check the following link (my map) and come up with a good idea what I could make for loading screen & preview picture.

+rep and credits in the map for good help

===============
Some facts that might/will help you
===============

1. It shoulden't be a picture from google, or elsewhere, it will be a direct screenshot from the game.
2. It shoulden't show like 100 soldiers vs Leoric or Aron.
3. Leoric is the newest Hero (Episode 3), so I'd like to see him in the loading & preview.

I'll also post the whole story of the map, after I get home. I'll also give credits and +rep if someone will grammar fix it after I post it.

Level 10
So, sir your preview will be a screenshot from the game right?

I can do a preview for you if it would be like that :grin: but it would not be very beautiful :razz: But i'll try to make it good. if you wish to put the map name or name + version just reply. I'll try to do it. :pcon:

Level 22
I'd need a 3D look, so from close to the thing you'll screenshot.

I also decided, on preview there must be Leoric only on it, just like the current one in the map, but instead of the Aron Chaos mage, put a Skeleton King Leoric in it. For loading screen, I still need a idea of what to put.

Also, in preview I don't need any name or anything (you can but not needed) as for the loading screen, map name would be good.

Level 10
just like to ask if this is ok :eek:

:fp: :attachment1:

Attachments

• draft01.JPG
    draft01.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 87
Level 22
Hmm, I kind of think the Wraith shoulden't be there, I even thought now... If your a good at making these things, do you think you could make a really awesome effect that would show Leoric rising from his grave?

Otherwise I might like it more like my current one on the map, except for Leoric in the thing (and the cursor not in, like by me :p)

I'm not completely sure though, I'm just trying to get the "effect" that he's a powerful Skeleton King. I think I'd like the thing, that he rises from the grave with good effects most.

Level 10
its kind hard to make what you need because i can't screenshot it fully because of the game message + the terrain where leoric is revived is a bit high so not all of the effects are aquired as you wish.

If you could lower a bit the terrain or just add some waiting time before the message appears, it would be a bit easy to screenshot it.

but the main problem is the high terrain. And as what you say, that's my first thought but its really a bit hard because of the terrain.

i'll try to screenshot it and post it later. I'm just a bit busy with the ADC organizing. and a sleepy :D

**:attachment1:

i did just in a fast mode so... :spell_breaker:

Attachments

• draft01.JPG
    draft01.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Level 22
This one looks pretty nice :)
Try just to make the terrain a bit more straight so he will stand straight, the effect is quite good already.

EDIT: New episode on the map, the loading screen request updated, and I'm still waiting for the preview, I'm thinking of making it about Episode 4 aswell.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/great-battles-middle-ages-v-5-8-a-162975/
The new episode is: Episode 4: Gate Guardian's Death
So I want a loading screen in which Gate Guardian fights the new enemy(s) Since they're 4. Also don't forget that Gate Guardian's are 4 aswell, so who ever is willing to make it, make it look like a good war.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.