• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loading Screen, Model and Icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hello everyone,

I was currently start working at my campaign and I need several model for it and a nice loading screen for it.

As for the loading screen, I have make a basic layout of it and hope somebody could create a nice version of it. If you are interested, post it here and I would send you a pm of the layout + the necessary information.

This are several type of model that I would like to have, I would give a description about it. I would like to have it with icon as well.

1) Death Knight - Model of a knight wearing a shiny black armor and riding a black horse.

2) Professor - A model of a guy with long hair wearing a scientiest coat and a spec. The attack of this animation of this character would look like he was throwing something.

3) Medivh - A model of Medivh wearing a white robe instead of his usual brown robe, carrying a white scepter.

4) Sorceress - A model of a sorceress without crown and long blackhair, along with a gold scepter + Archmage spell animation.

Credit would be given in the campaign and +rep

As for the screenshot of the campaign, I could have said I do not have it yet since I still making the basic layout of it. But, you can view the trailer at here if you are curious to know what it is all about.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=97315&prev=u=Septimus

Level 4
well heres my shot at the medivh simple reskin it might suck but im tired lol.
path=units/creeps/medivh/medivh
EDIT-ill do the loading screen

Attachments

• Medivh.blp
    76.9 KB · Views: 104
Level 22
just export the original model (medivh), convert him to mdl, open him up in notepad, scroll down abit into the part that says "units\creeps\medivh\medivh" and change that to whatever path u want, for example "textures\WhiteMedivh. now convert back to mdx, and change the the skin name to whatever path u chose, in this case textures\WhiteMedivh

Level 4
As for the model here it is(simple medivh model but i have applied the white skin). Give me a min
EDIT1- ima fix a couple more things and ignore that pm i sent back to you
EDIT2-you can do whats posted above me or you can use the custom models(file size is huge i know :bored:) the path for mine doesn use anything just white medivh.blp

Attachments

• White Medivh_Portrait_squished.mdx
    75.4 KB · Views: 102
  • White Medivh_squished.mdx
    348.6 KB · Views: 96
  • White Medivh.blp
    79.3 KB · Views: 85
Level 31
Nice model, but I hope you could fix this 2 sector.

I would like to have the medivh carry this scepter.

17005.jpg

Second, I would like to have this fix since there would be a cinematic of it.

clipboard01fi7.jpg

Level 4
Well i never knew that but thanks i wont do it from now on, as for the scepter i can make it yes, the problem would be i use milkshape/3ds so the animations would get erased and someone else would have to transfere them, or i would have to make a completely new set of animations( i cant do the morph because idk how they did that)

Level 4
well i only have 2hrs a day so it might be a while, im also working on some for my map aswell. I wake up at 5:30am go to school till 2pm then go to varsity swimming till 6pm get home,shower,eat,model a lil,watch, sleep, repeat. So yeh i wont have time to do the loading screen but as for model just wait and if my drafting teacher would let me i would work on it during school:xxd:
EDIT-well i just got gmax so i need to learn how to animate in that >> becuase people say its better then milkshape

Last edited:
Level 4
well right now the problem is i have a bunch of stuff to do so if i make the staff im thinking i would alpha out medivh's and make the staff an attachment

Level 30
medivs sceptre is about done ... just needs a texture.
it may look a bit odd but thats because it's ascreeny with a shitty angle.
used 50 pollies ...
to be honest i don't feel like making your sceptre like that ... i'll use ingames.
but ... ingame it's hardly noticable.

Attachments

• sceptre.jpg
    sceptre.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 148
Level 4
I make simple recolour knight to dark knight. I make 2 versions one common and one darker.

Attachments

• Knight.blp
    133.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Knight_dark.blp
    99.3 KB · Views: 57
  • knight.jpg
    knight.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 101
  • knight_dark.jpg
    knight_dark.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 97
  • portrait.jpg