• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Limiting Attachments (LeftHand,RightHand,Chest,Origin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Would it be possible to Limit the attachments if a unit uses an item?
The trigger I am using is:
Event
If a Unit uses an Item
Condition
Item Being used Equal to: Axe-Left(effect)
Action
Add (dummy Sphere Spell with an Axe Effect on Left Hand) to Triggering Unit)

my only problem is I don't want a person to get an Axe and a Sword on a unit's left hand.

Level 7
I don't think I quite understand your question. Why don't your just write the trigger to attach to the right hand?

I think I may be misunderstanding you...

Level 5
Huh?? What do you mean wrong forum?
People in here are already asking questions about Triggers...

What I mean is, I dont want a unit to have 2 Right Hand Special Effects on their Hands...

Level 4
What I do for those are to make the item have an ability such a a simple Aura, or something, and then you just have to make it so you can't have more than one weapon. Give the caster art for the ability the weapon, and put it on the spot you want it. The problem with this though, is if you want him to dual wield you will have to make a trigger so if he does have a weapon and you grab a new one, and make it a new item with left hand art. Hope I actually answered your question. Not quite sure what you were asking, but I tried!

Well, have an If/Then/Else
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • A unit acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • ((Item-type) of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Axe
  • Actions
    • For Each (Integer A) from 1 to 6
      • Loop - Actions
        • If/ Then/ Else
          • If (Conditions)
            • ((Hero Manipulating item) has an item of type (Sword) in slot (Integer A)) Equal to False
          • Then (Actions)
            • Special Effect - Create...
          • Else (Actions)

Status
Not open for further replies.