• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning Pack

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Flashing Lights & Chain Lightning

Created by x-omg-x

Flashing Lights
The hero calls heavy flashing lights down from the sky dealing 40/80/120 damage to all nearby enemy units. If the damaged unit is a hero it will take 20/40/60 bonus damage.

Chain Lightning
The hero summons a heavy amount of electricity up from the ground, sending a chain of waves at enemy units in 500 range. The first unit will take 50/100/150 damage, the second unit will take 40/80/120 damage and the last unit will take 30/60/90 damage. If there are less than three enemies in range, the chain will break and disappear.

How to import

Go to File -> Preferences, and turn on the "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting trigger data".
Go to the trigger editor and copy the "Flashing Lights" and the "Chain Lightning" folders.
Open your own map and paste the copied folders into the trigger editor.
You are done!

About

This small spellpack is made by me and the ideas comes from myself.
It contains 2 triggers, one for each spell.
Both of the spells should be easy to edit and understand, if you just have a small knowledge about triggers.
They are fully GUI and no special tools is needed for using it.
The spells should be fully MUI and doesnt contain any leaks.

Copyright

These spells is fully made by me and all credits goes to X-OMG-X.
You are not allowed to upload any of my spells to any sites, without my permission.
Respect me and my time spent on the spells. Do not steal my work.

Enjoy!

Keywords:
light, lightning, stun, electric, electricity, thunder, chain, two, in, one, flash, flashing, lights, x-omg-x, spell, spells, spellpack, pack, small
Contents

Lightning Pack (Map)

Reviews
12:51, 17th Jun 2010 Hanky: I found one leak in your Chain Lightning trigger. Please fix the leak. After you have done that message me or one of the other spell moderators.

M

12:51, 17th Jun 2010
Hanky:
I found one leak in your Chain Lightning trigger. Please fix the leak. After you have done that message me or one of the other spell moderators.

Level 25
Opinions:
1.change the spell name
2.spell effect overuse(though it seems to be popular at the moment), the flash spell is just simple.
3.the 1st spell could have been done via a dummy unit
4.there is an "endless chain" system in gui made for making custom chain lightnings made by paladon,you could have used that.
5.the first jump doesn't start from the caster
6.the test map is crowded and should be made bigger or not so crowded(add creep camps instead of crowding 100 units in 1 square)
7.the jumps are instant, there is no delay between them so this is more a chain-forked lightning.

Hope this helped.

Opinions:
1.change the spell name
2.spell effect overuse(though it seems to be popular at the moment), the flash spell is just simple.
3.the 1st spell could have been done via a dummy unit
4.there is an "endless chain" system in gui made for making custom chain lightnings made by paladon,you could have used that.
5.the first jump doesn't start from the caster
6.the test map is crowded and should be made bigger or not so crowded(add creep camps instead of crowding 100 units in 1 square)
7.the jumps are instant, there is no delay between them so this is more a chain-forked lightning.

Hope this helped.

1. Why? Isnt "Flashing Lights & Chain Lightning" too long?
2. Yeap it is using a bunch of effects, but they dont cause any lagg.
3. The chain lightning? It do use a dummy.
4. Didnt know that.
5. It isnt meant to do that.
6. Hmm, yea agreed. Will see what i can do.
7. Yea true, i just dont know how to delay them.

[EDIT]

Terrain Updated!

Last edited:
Level 22
from the description chain lightning looks like a normal object editor spell ...

downloading ...

What should I point out what Kingz alrdy done?

In chain lightning, if you want it to jump instant like it does, you should use a loop instead ... cause then you can make it unlimited "jumps", now it is using lots of ITE functions (actaully 3 but ...)

In the other spell you really need to explain what this line mean, cause I wouldn't get it if I wasn't a spellmaker myself

• -------- Doing the following 42 times --------
else this is good but nothing special, you got any ideas with abilities that actually targets a unit? (A)