• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning Orb effect doesnt go off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, now iam not a total noob, iam not gonna ask how to do stuff, but i think i hit a bug or something thats just not possbible here.

I created a Footiewars map to play with some friends, which includes 4 races all with 4 tiers of units.

Now to make the map more fun and playable all abilities the units have are "autocast" with the lightning orb effect. ie the Sorceress from the humans has an Lightning orb effect that casts a firebolt for 55 extra dmg.

I made the units have like 6 mana, and the spells cost around 4 mana so they dont cast it too much. During the development of all these spell i tried the abilities out with only Player Red (1), which i controlled, versus 4 of the enemy's units as Neutral Hostile creeps.

This worked like a charm, the effects went off and the damage worked. But, somehow the enemy units wont fire off the abilities.

For example i placed 4 sorceress units for my player (red) and 4 for player 4, yellow. Now when the sorceress fight each other the red ones shoot their firebolts. The yellow sorceresses use their mana, (i see mana dropping from 4 to 1) but the spell is never fired, i see no fireball flying or seeing any damage.

I thought this could be because of the computer not using the spells correctly, but i cant really test it with another player. (as this is an alpha)

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Level 2
hmm, ill see if that works. I did try it with a regular computer player on player spot 4, but ill try it again with the AI disabled.

thanks

[edit]

Hmm, i tried to see where to disable AI but i could not really find it. I do have an update, it seems that the enemy sorceresses do fire the missile at random times.

Almost all of the times the mana goes down and no missile/explosion comes, and it happened like 2/3 times now that it DID fire.

I tried to see if perhaps it was a LOS error but it still happens when there is a good LOS.

ill see if i can post my map for someone to see why it happens

Level 2
ok i uploaded the map here, if someone could take a quick peek at it. It is a Map edited with WE Unlimited so you need that to open it.

no advanced triggers used yet..
If you run the map right out of the rar file there are 4 sorc of player red in the middle and 4 of player purple, the red ones use the firebolt and the purples dont. (or very rarely)

Footiewars Clone 0.1b

anyone an idea? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.