• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LightElf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Well...hello? :cgrin:

Now, let's get started. I'm LightElf (also known as Leto), I registered in this website for about 2 years ago, and I prepared to create some campaigns and send them to here. I have looked over and tested hundreds of maps (if not thousands :hohum:), so I'm a little bit experienced here.

I must say that I'm glad that this site have not ruined as such. I've heard what happened with the original site, the wc3.sear.ch. Sad thing dudes.
BTW, I stopped making wc3 maps and skins (my second job...), beacuse I had better things to do. I took some exams and I degreed.

Some months ago, I heard of the arrival of Starcraft II. I was very excited! I decided that I will surely create some maps there too. And after that, I was just exploring the Blizzard forums, and I've found out some thing about the last secret project they're working on: the Project Hydra. Cool name, isn't it? :smile: And I started to think. This can be:
- Diablo III (which is I think not...)
- or Warcraft IV (which I prefer to be, but I still have some worries about how they would solve the problem in the Wrath of the Lich King (players will be able to kill Arthas there :cry: ))
Anyways, I get on the idea to return here and finish some un-finished business. I think I will start some new campaigns, and map ideas, just to be at my best when either the Warcraft IV or the Starcraft II comes out. So, everybody cheers, and let's get to work! :gg:

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Hail LightElf. Thanks for participating in our community, best luck with your projects! The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. Veteran members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 1
Hey, thanks for your advise and help! :grin: You're all very kind here. And I'm looking forward to work with you all.:thumbs_up:

I already started reading some tutorials, as many things happened since my leaving a year ago. I see that there are a lot of professional mappers and modders, and it won't be easy to make something valuable for them, but we can all just learn about it, and we can't lose anything! So let's start modding! :wink:

Level 8
Please refrain from using the phrase "hello" as it might upset some of our Christian members. As substitute, replace the devilish "hell" with "heaven" and you'll soon become a valued member of the community. :)

Level 1
Well, then heaven-o everybody here! :gg:

If they decided that we're able to kill Illidan, Kel'thuzad, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, Rexxar, Thrall, Jaina, and every little living creature in the world, than they will certainly allow us to defeat Arthas. But this just don't fit it after all. I was really upset when I have been told that we can kill Illidan... who are we? just a bunch of newly-founded heros. I think it would be someone else's task to kill the mighty Betrayer. Someone, who has a name - like Thrall, or Rexxar, or Akama (the last really had something to do with the slaughter). this just modifies the story too much.

I hope you understood what I was trying to tell you :D BTW are you waiting for WOTLK?

Status
Not open for further replies.