• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life Of An Nwah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, everybody!

I’m currently working on a map called “Life Of An Nwah” which is inspired by the “Life Of A Peasant” maps.

I wanted to post some updates here, share my thoughts of what direction I want to take the game in to hype you all up and listen to your feedback or suggestions!

Thank you for reading this far.

I’m new to this site, so I’ll either post updates in the comments section with attachments or update this main thread.

Level 3
This is the private quarters of Morrowind’s most corrupt and dangerous criminal - Orvas Dren.

Dren is the criminal kingpin of the crime syndicate “The Camonna Tong.”

The Camonna Tong replaces The Drug Lord from the original LOAP maps.

In this area, you’ll find a throne room area to use for role play purposes and a Skooma Lab which you can use to fence items, refine Moon Sugar (a low quality drug that increases strength and agility while damaging intelligence) into Skooma (a higher quality narcotic that boosts strength and agility while not damaging intelligence AND boosts your level.)

Moon Sugar does a little damage and gets you high for a short time.

Skooma does more damage and gets you high for a longer time.

While high, your Hero is incapacitated and your screen shakes violently.

Moon Sugar and Skooma replace Heroin and Cocaine from the LOAP maps.

6032C104-7423-4EF5-B554-ED326C216E03.png

Level 4
Hello,i love loap maps . I wonder how your map will be,and i can help you with ideas and creativity, I can't be very active, because I'm working on two different maps of my own, but I love giving ideas and diversity.
Not:I use google translate , so my text will have some problems.I will be glad if you correct me

Level 3
Hello,i love loap maps . I wonder how your map will be,and i can help you with ideas and creativity, I can't be very active, because I'm working on two different maps of my own, but I love giving ideas and diversity.
Not:I use google translate , so my text will have some problems.I will be glad if you correct me
No worries! I’m just happy for the support 😁

What maps are you working on?

I’ll create a discord at some point to have people leave their feedback and test it out!

Level 4
I will also create a dispute;
My maps;
first map about dinosaurs and survivals
second map has too much (wow races ,regions,dragons)

both map will have inventory system(with a hero) and 3Dcamera system so it makes me a little tired

Level 15
Pretty cool concept, and the screenshot you posted is definitely invocative of the early LoaP maps that I loved to death. I'm very interested in this!

I like your explanation of how you will be adapting Loap to Morrowind, but I would love to hear more about how you will be adapting Morrowind to LoaP if that makes sense? Do you have any awesome ideas in mind that you plan to add that will be unique to your version of this popular mapstyle? What kind of progression can we expect to see from the Heroes, and what tools will the factions have for fighting eachother? Perhaps there will be a 'volcanic' mechanic to the atmosphere as it is taking place near/around Morrowind?

Regardless, I am watching this with interest and I am excited to see whatever is teased next!

Level 3
Pretty cool concept, and the screenshot you posted is definitely invocative of the early LoaP maps that I loved to death. I'm very interested in this!

I like your explanation of how you will be adapting Loap to Morrowind, but I would love to hear more about how you will be adapting Morrowind to LoaP if that makes sense? Do you have any awesome ideas in mind that you plan to add that will be unique to your version of this popular mapstyle? What kind of progression can we expect to see from the Heroes, and what tools will the factions have for fighting eachother? Perhaps there will be a 'volcanic' mechanic to the atmosphere as it is taking place near/around Morrowind?

Regardless, I am watching this with interest and I am excited to see whatever is teased next!
Ahhh, this comment has got me so hyped!!

Thank you for your support.

Let's answer those questions...

1. I would love to hear more about how you will be adapting Morrowind to LoaP if that makes sense?

Absolutely! So, the fun of LOAP is its easy to jump into and there's some established factions that have certain roles. It's fun and simple which the creators have nailed. But it also lacks deeper RPG elements and a lot of the time the maps verge on being silly. (Using all caps for names, giving dumb names to things, being crude, etc.)

My goal is to bring in RPG mechanics and elements seen in other games or maps like detailed item descriptions, combining items for more powerful gear, death penalties, losing your gear after death, quests.

2. Do you have any awesome ideas in mind that you plan to add that will be unique to your version of this popular mapstyle?

Yes! I plan on adding traditional LOAP concepts like basic jobs, revive and factions but I'm also adding things like:

-Quests both minor and major, some of which have global consequences if triggered or left incomplete.
-A meta background war raging between Dagoth Ur and The Tribunal across Morrowind for control.

(This will provide players an opportunity to level up, trade their Heroes for evil ones and be part of a cause.)

This war will be objective based with Dagoth Ur seeking to destroy key territories that The Tribunal holds in order to expand his influence, reclaim Wraithguard and complete Akulakhan.

The Tribunal will be focused on destroying Sixth House Bases to prevent the spread of Corprus, reclaim Kagrenac's Tools from Dagoth Ur's strongholds and use them to either destroy the Heart Of Lorkhan or harness its dark power.

3. What tools will the factions have for fighting eachother?

The main way is by accumulating gold and training an army but this is where each faction is unique.

The 7 Incarnates (Villagers): These are outlanders arriving on the continent (with a cool little backstory). They can make money by working for another player performing both legal and illegal quests or get a traditional job. Currently there is a Governor, Slave Owner, Ebony Miner and Farmer job.

The Empire (Police): Receives a steady stream of taxes from throughout Morrowind and has access to the Caldera Ebony Mine which produces Raw Ebony that can be transported and sold at markets. The carriers of the ebony can be killed and the ebony stolen however, so protecting trade routes is important. They can also make money from fining or arresting players for committing crime.

House Hlaalu (Drug Lord): Secretly aligned with Morrowind's local mafia The Camonna Tong, House Hlaalu is responsible for regulating trade throughout Morrowind and helping new players get started. They can make money from giving quests/jobs to players for a cut of the profits (like delivering soulgems, selling them Ebony Mining Permits, or tasking them with delivering illegal moonsugar, etc.), they can also sell land plots to players for one big price or rent them for a weekly fee.

The Camonna Tong (Mafia): This faction starts unallied with everyone as they are criminals and have many means of making money. They can build Skooma Dens and Smuggling Operations which generate gold over time. They can train (for themselves) or sell Mistresses (AKA prostitutes) to other players for a fee. They also have stolen goods generated at their docks which may be transported or shipped and sold for money.

Dagoth Ur (Satan): This faction makes money by controlling key areas which generate gold items that may be sold.

The Tribunal (God): This faction also makes money by controlling key areas that generate gold or items.

I'm currently developing more quests, balancing item prices/stats, balancing Hero abilities, adding unique tech lines and making use of all spaces so there's nothing "wasted."

I hope this answered your questions! I'm excited to share more!

Thank you for commenting and supporting me!

Status
Not open for further replies.