• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legendary Chest

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Created before Reforged. All models appear mostly as is, in Hive model previewer. Only uses 2 slightly modified WC3 textures for Legendary Chest. Feel free to edit.

113 Particles (sapphire)
113 Particles (legendary)

Chests shown above were created for Curse of Time RPG Nevermore
Previews
Contents

Beam White (Model)

Chest Black (Model)

Chest Blue (Model)

Chest Green (Model)

Chest Green Yellow (Model)

Chest Light Blue (Model)

Chest Orange (Model)

Chest Pink (Model)

Chest Purple (Model)

Chest Red (Model)

Chest Teal (Model)

Chest White (Model)

Chest Yellow (Model)

Legendary Chest (Model)

Lesser Chest Black (Model)

Lesser Chest Blue (Model)

Lesser Chest Green (Model)

Lesser Chest Green Yellow (Model)

Lesser Chest Light BLue (Model)

Lesser Chest Orange (Model)

Lesser Chest Pink (Model)

Lesser Chest Purple (Model)

Lesser Chest Red (Model)

Lesser Chest Teal (Model)

Lesser Chest White (Model)

Lesser Chest Yellow (Model)

Sapphire Chest (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
There are some unused sequences and materials/textures. Please go though all of them and optimize them.
I like these upgraded chests, especially the Sapphire and Legendary ones. Can be very useful for many 👍
I also find creative using the Arcane Eye texture for the Sapphire Chest when you hide the eye with the chest so that it looks like a new texture, I somehow didn’t even understood right away.

Here are a few things to consider:

The static rays could be billboarded and locked to Z axis thus always face the camera without any need to make X-crossed rays.

Seems like the glowing layers are not attached to the main bones of the chests so that their scaling is not synchronized during the 'Birth' making the chests glitch through.

Although the chests' lids are not fully covered by the glowing layer and it's invisible from above, the locks are almost not covered and reveal a glitch.

There's a way to use in-game textures for the Legendary Chest if provided that you use geoset with miltiple faces, in this way it will be possible to wrap the texture of the runes almost beyond recognition, creating a good variety of patterns.

I hope that my quibbles might be helpful, otherwise just ignore them 🙂

I like these upgraded chests, especially the Sapphire and Legendary ones. Can be very useful for many 👍
I also find creative using the Arcane Eye texture for the Sapphire Chest when you hide the eye with the chest so that it looks like a new texture, I somehow didn’t even understood right away.

Here are a few things to consider:

The static rays could be billboarded and locked to Z axis thus always face the camera without any need to make X-crossed rays.

Seems like the glowing layers are not attached to the main bones of the chests so that their scaling is not synchronized during the 'Birth' making the chests glitch through.

Although the chests' lids are not fully covered by the glowing layer and it's invisible from above, the locks are almost not covered and reveal a glitch.

There's a way to use in-game textures for the Legendary Chest if provided that you use geoset with miltiple faces, in this way it will be possible to wrap the texture of the runes almost beyond recognition, creating a good variety of patterns.

I hope that my quibbles might be helpful, otherwise just ignore them 🙂

Fixed birth. They had the same scaling animation as the normal chest but their Z was not the same.

Added the orange chest which was missing from the screenshot.

The custom texture is used to clean the blue color and sharpen the edges. The other things I don't mind.

If there is enough demand, I could do some more of the enhanced chests. Perhaps one per color?

Attachments

• defaultrune.png
    defaultrune.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 7
  • customrune.png
    customrune.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Level 4
The default item model looks a bit strange in conjunction with these, as these are all semi-closed, while the default one is completely open. This might be a silly request, but any chance of a chest using the same model with no glow at all, to supplement as "common" items?

Very cool concept. I was looking for something similar to these less than a month ago, so this is a very welcome resource.