• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Left/Right Click Cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am asking which is better auto attack or not..

Well someone say it is better if you can use Left/Right Click without using any keys in the keyboard..

Like you press Left key then the unit will cast thunderclap..

IS THIS POSSIBLE? IF YES HOW?..

Level 7
Right Click (easier one):

Event -
A unit is issued an order targeting a point
Action -
Do whatever you want

Left Click

There might be a system for this, but I've seen it in maps before and I'm almost positive this is how it works.

You need a periodic trigger to Force UI Key, where the key is the hotkey for a targeting dummy spell, like Channel. The result is, your mouse is constantly targeting. Then you make another trigger just like for catching Right Click:

Event -
Condition -
Issued order equal to Channel
Action -
Do whatever you want

Level 6
Right Click (easier one):

Event -
Action -
Do whatever you want

Left Click

There might be a system for this, but I've seen it in maps before and I'm almost positive this is how it works.

You need a periodic trigger to Force UI Key, where the key is the hotkey for a targeting dummy spell, like Channel. The result is, your mouse is constantly targeting. Then you make another trigger just like for catching Right Click:

Event -
Condition -
Issued order equal to Channel
Action -
Do whatever you want

So if i use this it will not allow to use RIGHT CLICK TO MOVE right?..

Also i did not understand the left click..

Level 7
Well yeah. You can't have Right Click act as a hotkey and still make it able to move at the same time. Although you could toggle the feature on and off.

For Left Click:

What happens when you press the M hotkey on a unit? Your mouse cursor turns into a crosshair and you can left click to tell the unit where to Move.

You can use that to catch Left Click events by forcing the player to constantly press the M key, so his mouse is always a crosshair. Then, whenever he presses Left Click, you can catch the "Move" order. The action (in GUI) to force a hotkey is "Game - Force UI Key".

You don't want to use Move though, you want to use something that has no effect, like the Channel ability.

Level 33
Here's a test map.

I used Unit Selection event to go with the Left-click event to cast the ability.

The basic mechanic is, to activate this system, all you need to do is select a unit twice.

The first selection is where you would select the unit, then do whatever you want with the unit, move/heal/sleep/etc.

The second selection is where you activate ability.

Attachments

• Left-click Cast.w3x
    12.5 KB · Views: 189
Level 6
Dys thanks for clear explanation.. +rep

defskull thanks for the awesome testmap.. +rep..

But this problem is not solved yet.. i will ask more as i discover about this feature..

This feature will be like the Diablo Left and Right cast..

EDIT: Hey defskull how about Shockwave?... You will cast Shockwave after left clicking the ground?..

Level 33
That's the problem though about using Unit Selection, you must choose a unit @@

I don't play Diablo, can you explain more about the mechanics of this system ?

Give examples of 3 spells type: Instant / Target-unit / Target-point

How would you execute these spells in Diablo ?

Level 6
Ok in diablo each hero has six abilities..

Hotkeys 1,2,3,4 and Left and Right Click...

Target Point..

When you click Left mouse button on the ground and your Left Click spell is target point then you will cast the spell

INSTANT

When you click Left mouse button and your Left Click spell is instant then you will cast the spell without targeting the ground.. but YOU DON'T NEED TO CLICK THE CHARACTER JUST TO CAST INSTANT CAST SPELL.. anywhere you click or anything does not matter..

Same as the right click..

Status
Not open for further replies.