• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Land of the Forgotten

Reactions: PassiveMapMakerZ
Contents

Land of the Forgotten (Map)

Level 1
i'm really confused about a lot of the maps on this site as to whether they are AOS, Sieges, Campaigns, etc. Most of the times the map descriptions are a description of the story.

ps. Im looking for hero sieges/defenses and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some really good ones.

Level 3
The map has a very good terrain and it also looks awesome, but it's not a melee map... It's an altered one. Lots of neutral Naga bases around the map (almost all gold mines have neutral bases), and 2 neutral Night Elf bases on low HP. All the bases have lots of neutral Naga and Night-Elf units.
Every player starts with 4 lumps of wood right next to the town center (4 x 250 = 1000 Wood), collectable right after you summon your first hero).
You can also find gold coins here and there, but they are well guarded by neutrals.
The map is very good, fun to play, but is not a classic melee map. It's definitely an altered melee map. I had the feeling that I was in some kind of Night-Elf campain while I was playing this map...

PS: Those 4 torches located next to the gold mines look ok if you play Undead (because the main base will be located right inside of those 4 torches), but if you play Night-Elf (as I play almost all the time), they look awful. Human and Orc main bases will be located inside the torches but they don't look so good as the Undead main base, they are a little bit misplaced.
PS 2: The AI will pick up all the lumber. And also some gold coins. +1 for the AI.

I am going to give this map a 4/5 because the terrain is very good, the doodads are really impressive and also because the length of the gameplay is right for my taste (easily more than 1 hour, but sometimes you can spend even 90-100 minutes per gameplay, it depends on the way you arrange the teams). BUT: this is not a normal melee map. It's altered!