• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lan game disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
This is my first time here but I was wondering why the map I edited won't work on lan game.

When I start the game the other players disconnect but the server is working just fine.

Anyone know why? :cry:

I'm a newbie but I must say making map is very addictive.
I haven't slept yet. I will later :gg:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Welcome to the hive! (yes Ure) i stole that =). There are some possibilities for this. a) The Players in Your Lan game Are too far away. b)An event in your map disconnects the users(this happened to me with my Cinematic) c) The Map size is too large(this is a guess-not sure)

Level 12
Disconnecting over LAN could be due to map leaks or a few other things I cannot remember right now. :p

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Well...you should see at what time the players disconnect. It might be a cinamatic, or a over time event or something.

Level 13
Here is the 3rd map I edited.

Every map I make are always having the same problem.
the 1st one didn't have this problem until I made changes to it.
the changes to it are:
additional heroes, units, ability imports and creep triggers.

Last edited:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Its unable to open the Map, Well any triggers at the start of the game?. Because it said something like this when it opened:Find Local Player(maybe thats it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.