• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kyx's Ice Troll Tribes P

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ice Troll Tribes was created roughly 3 years ago long before the rip off maps jungle and island came out. While maintaining it's noob friendliness and playability it slowly died out as one of the best survival maps ever created. Refusing to flood it's content with classes and overpowered items, Ice Troll Tribes was slowly laid to rest....

But the return has come!
Ice Troll Tribes DM (Deathmatch) was created on My Birthday (Kyxoan.) and brings all new elements to the Ice troll world. Trolls now gain Exp from fighting anything (hunting or tribe battles) which slowly boost their health energy and damage stat caps. Also the new DM mode starts both tribes out with some basic items to build a suitable base and weed out some of the initial noob hazards.
Contents

Kyx's Ice Troll Tribes P (Map)

Reviews
Earth-Fury: I dislike this version, as players start with insane ammounts of items. But, approved none the less. 11:29, 4th Jul 2008 Rui: To upload a new version of your map, press the Update button.

M

Earth-Fury: I dislike this version, as players start with insane ammounts of items. But, approved none the less.

11:29, 4th Jul 2008
Rui:
To upload a new version of your map, press the Update button.

Level 4
Alright, I think it's time for my 2 cents. Firstly, I think you should do away with the items placed at the start location, they remove the survival asepct of the game, which once was a major part of the Ice Troll games. Secondly, I would add extra trees to the areas on the edges of the map, from the minimap it appears that you simply stretched the camera bounds without adding any extra content, adding extra trees would make the nex areas look more like the rest of the map. From the short time that I played, I noticed one spelling mistake, when placing spears in the tower, a message appears saying (roughly) this: "The tower will shoot spears at enemys", it's actually spelt enemies. Personally, I would remove the name "Ipwnuall" from the list of troll names, I know that it is a reference, but it doesn't exactly fit in with the rest of the names. I, for one, have never liked leveling in the troll games, it makes the maps descend to a flurry of fighting creeps to give one team the edge over the other. You made the map, not me, so you don't have to take my advice, it's your descision, though I definitely recommend removing those starting items.

This map has the potential to be good, just don't lose sight of what made Ice Trolls brilliant in the first place.

Level 6
It was really made for people who prefer the battle aspect of the troll genre over the slow paced build up a base version.

Only essentials for early siegeing is really provided. You still need to equip yourself with gear, spells, and the spirit ward.