• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kony 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Red

Level 26
I'm happy to see that just about everything that I was going to say has already been said in here. Why are we Americans concerned about Africa when our own cities are already plagued with poverty and disease? Charity begins at home.

Also, it's funny how nobody remembers Operation Gothic Serpent.

There's a literal, and by literal, I do mean literal, sea of oil in the Arabian Plate.
A sea comparable to the size of the entire Mediterranean. (Not in volume, but surface area, still the volume is extraordinarily large.)

The African Plates contain gold, diamonds, some oil on the coasts, coal, iron and other natural resources.

Plus, going for oil right now is a pretty bad idea.
They should go for that 10000Km^2 Lithium Deposit in Belgium(?).
I'd love to see them come up with an excuse for that ; D

Level 9
For what I heard this was a total scam from part of the maker, first of he signed a contract that 33% of the money that this campaigns earns goes to his account and the rest is a lie, the man terrorising that country was captured last year i belive of course i dont have proof to say this but i had found something on the internet and i lost the link to confirm it. Also the white house made a public announcement a while ago about this and they said somethin about this being a total scam... of course i am not certain, i believe i saw it somehwere on the net... maybe i was just stoned.

Level 34
Going into a shit country, where nothing lives longer than a day, with no natural resources or strategic value, to kill one gang lord, is the biggest waste of fucking resource since Vietnam. Strategically Joseph Kony is not a threat to anyone outside of Uganda. They should deal with their own shit storm of a country.
I agree with this. Even if it is worth or not, nobody should care about shits in other country.
First, Everyone should first try to group and fix shits in their own country, rather to get involved in something what should not concern them. Any of your countries are not perfect, crime and corruptions are at high level, first fix your own countries, then try to perfect world.
Second, that Kony is not in Europe, not in USA, therefore nobody should care about that. he is in Uganda, then its Uganda's problem. If Kony become threat to any other country. Currently, he is not threat to anyone besides Uganda as I see from these comments, so for first time I agree with world'd superpowers decision not to get involved into Uganda's conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.