• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Knight Model/Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello, im making a map you are part of a army your a hero but not a 'hero' your just another regular soldier with a little bit more....potent skills :grin: .
I would be greatly appreciative if you could make a knight model that was generaly based off the origanl ingame knight model, like fore example heres the model im using for the rifleman hero http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/1313/ it looks like the rifleman but its amped up a bit. Basicaly i want a knight with some markings maybe a cooler-looking sword, and a hero-glow. Feel free to give suggestions :).

Maybe if you even just made a skin for the knight, it would all be greatly appreciated. :infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 3
Well I have a similar skin project the only problem is that I can't bring the horse back to life.

P.S. This is an old version of the skin the new one is with broun hair and looks better. Has some beard like the undead knight too.

Attachments

• NewWindowsBitmapImage.jpg
    NewWindowsBitmapImage.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 492

Em!

Em!

Level 25
The model is like a statue, once its complete it needs to be painted in order to have a face an armor or any color at all. The knight above is not a new model it is the death knight but with a new skin, the horse wasn´t skinned it looks the same however the rider was, it now looks like the living arthas.

In other words a model is like the human bones the skin is the looks and what your wearing and the color of your hair and so on.

Level 3
Latest version (got rid of the beard and the horns). The BMP is 512k so the blp should be about... 300k.

Attachments

• ss0000.jpg
    ss0000.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 848
Level 10
I looked through all of those aleady, none of them fit what i want. They just donnt look 'warcrafty' to me or i just dislike. : /

Level 1
Well I have a similar skin project the only problem is that I can't bring the horse back to life.

P.S. This is an old version of the skin the new one is with broun hair and looks better. Has some beard like the undead knight too.

i posted a skin for that model with a lazy fix for the horse...

Level 1
I looked through all of those aleady, none of them fit what i want. They just donnt look 'warcrafty' to me or i just dislike. : /

i posted one thats warcrafty... or at least i think it is... its not approved yet though... whats that mean anyways...

Level 10
lol i dunno kind of hard to explain : / it just has a feel to it lol :grin:

Level 10
testing sec
Bah, i do models all the time havent imported a skin in forever what i do after i dl and save.

Level 1
oh....never thought of that...guess u just rename it and import it as your new lordgarithos skin...or if you liked the basic feel of the skin, i can make a new one specifically for the knight...

Level 10
So in the import manager i would give it the path that lord garithos is currently using for his normal model?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Bluecheese, please do not double post unless it is to bump a thread, and at least 24 hours after your previous post. Thanks.

Level 1
what does double post mean... ill read the rules again but im new to this forum stuff... didnt mean to break any rules... my bad... anyhow... think i got it now... just edit instead of new posts? anyhow... gost... to use the skin, just dl the one named LordGarithos03... rename it LordGarithos, import it to the import manager section and use the path "Units/Creeps/LordGarithos/LordGarithos"... think u have to restart the world editor for the skin to take...hope this helps...

Last edited:
Level 10
K il try that i basicaly did that dont know if i had it a little different or what, il try it.
Did all you told me to do tried to save map and it gave me this error
Gost-07

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.