• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kingdom At War

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Vengeancekael
----------All model editors (of models used ingame)pls leave your name in comments to get credit

NebojshaPresents
---------

-Kingdom at War-
Created by Nebojsha

Map Info:
Epic strategy map,with great enivorment,lots of difrent units(over 60),map make you go in war as much as possible,great door sistem...Lots of nice things.This map is made for up to 8 players fighting for superiorty in map.Income you get every 30 sec(check by writing -income,still has some problems).

Features:

-Intresting gameplay.
-All units are custom.
-Weaponary forging.
-Door sistem.
-Ally beetween some factions.
-Income gain like in Azeroth Wars.
-8 totaly difrent factions.
-Every faction has6-7 diffrent units(not counting builders and buildings).
-Detailed ingame explonation of game.
-Used lots of custom models.(i downloaded them at this site)

Added:
-2 tipes units all sides.
-reworked terrain
-unit placement

Fixed:
-few trriger bugs

Added:
-Reworked terrain,unit placement...
-2 new units
-Reworked some units
-Changed some icons
-Fixed starting camera
-Fixed income commande a bit

Special Thanks:
Gvandum (Left project long ago)

Author's notes:
Fell free to experiment,humans play together.
Remeber we were all newbies once so help them.
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
wars,epic,medieval,strategy,undeads,humans,dwarfs,elfs,kingdom,war,battle
Contents

Kingdom At War (Map)

Reviews
11:09, 7th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Review Fix the title (Kingdom at war) and the attack damage icon is still too big. Date: 2011/Oct/01 01:33:12 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Rejected Rating: 0/5 Rep Received: 0Reasons: Memory Leaks are...

M

11:09, 7th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:
Review
Fix the title (Kingdom at war) and the attack damage icon is still too big.

hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/01 01:33:12
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rating: 0/5
Rep Received: 0
Reasons:
Memory Leaks are not destroyed: Leaks tutorial
Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.
The triggers are inefficient: Triggering Tutorials
Credits need to be posted in the description.

Other:
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: (Re-checking map)

Review:

Gameplay:

It's a lot like Azeroth Wars, every player starts off with a massive base and a small army. The goal is to defeat everyone else and allying people is also possible. There are a lot of unit types, Axemen, Hunters, ... however there are no custom spells at all.
Player 1's main hero for example only has 2 passive spells, they're also not custom.
Combat wise it's pretty generic, nothing too special, just massive armies fighting each other for control of control points which will give you gold. It would have been nice if you got control of every surrounding building when you captured a control point. Also increase the control point's hp, 300 is not much.
The game is also a bit unbalanced, the humans for example control too many areas in the beginning, making them really hard to control and very powerful at the same time.

Terrain:

It's a huge map, you've used a lot of custom models to give each race fitting buildings. Overall it's nothing tragic, everything looks simple, but nice, however there are a lot of random cliffs all over the map and also this area:
attachment.php

It's very empty, the cliffs make it look bad, the human terrain tile doesn't fit the undead at all.
You could use the undead tile, also maybe use the heigten tool instead of blizzard cliffs.
I also noticed the island at the top left, it's almost exactly copied from Azeroth Wars, with the docking bay and everything.

Other:

The map isn't polished at all, the game starts off just like that, no cinematic, the camera doesn't pan to the player's base, the game messages aren't colorized (QuickColorizer), you've never put some space after a ',' ("I am here, welcome!").

*Kingdom at War*
*Player 1 controls some elven buildings in teal's base
*Change Axeman's voice from footman to bandit
*Healing Salve is missing a tooltip
*Attack damage icon doens't fit (also too big)
*Add tips

Overall:

A not so well executed copy of Azeroth Wars, it's not polished enough, the terrain is semi-good, gameplay-wise it doesn't feature anything special either.
Rating: 2/5

->Tutorials

Also the description:

*It's
PHP:
[hidden=]CONTENT[/hidden]
*It's
PHP:
[size=X][/size]
*It's
PHP:
[color=X][/color]
*Remove 'xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx'
under credits
*List everyone under the credits!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    911.8 KB · Views: 1,262
Level 3
Thx guy on your reply!
Ill try to fix all.But understand im alone.
I couldnt add more dodoad.Have you play twitlight eve,they done same thing.
Im working on that to prevent that problem.

i rly didnt copied that island.And yeah i meant like azeroth wars because of income.Good idea with that buildings gonna add them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fix:
*Kingdom at War*
*Player 1 controls some elven buildings in teal's base
*Change Axeman's voice from footman to bandit
*Healing Salve is missing a tooltip
*Attack damage icon doens't fit (also too big)
*Add tips
And I will approve map with 2/5 rating.

There I fixed description a little.
Still waiting for fix shown in post above!

Last edited: